Thanks Thanks:  126
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Buy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Credits

The Disney re-issues in 4K, Cars, Nemo, Dory, etc...

I can't see through walls, but I can kick your ass.

Credits

Black Panther is still available online for purchase, to my understanding you should be able to have it shipped to the store in Detroit and simply pick-it up.
    Terminator is a retail wide release, it's obviously not something hoarders would start emptying the shelves for.
    Finally, the reason the customs agent asked you if it was for yourself or to sell them was probably a catch:

Personal gives you an exemption of up to $200 after 24Hrs., yes, maybe you were not there for 24Hrs but it's not worth the paperwork for low value items.

If you would have said "to sell", that makes it a commercial shipment, and that's a totally different ball game. Commercial shipments need to go through a "Commercial Border" and they only process paperwork during business hours. That's the last place you want to end up, so might as well leave the SteelBooks at the border and take a loss.

Been through it for work, and even though I had all the necessary paperwork for the items, got denied entry at "Thousand Islands" because they were not a commercial point of entry, had to drive on the NY side to "Lacolle", leave the shipment there to be processed since it was after hours, and pick it up the next day once processed. Not a lot of fun.

Credits

These threads were meant to help out the legacy Best Buy forum users once they shut it down. Obviously Best Buy simply cares about selling Phones and Appliances now.
    One of the reasons I don't even list them on retail wide releases any longer.

I'll start an "International" thread, that way it can be used for us unlucky Canadians who don't have much left in Collectable Packaging.

Credits
    All three of my Disney Steelbooks came with defects; like you mentioned before both the Cinderella SteelBooks came today with that clamp or dent. The Dumbo Steelbook will not close properly since one of the clamp seems to be broken so it will not snap shut; what is even worst Best Buy Canada has no replacements. I think I will keep the two copies of Avengers Endgame I have on preorder because receiving damaged steelbooks from BBYC and not having any in store or online replacements is bothersome; you never know how we will receive our items.

Credits
    The one I opened had a faint spine slash you barely see. Looked at another one I have and had same slash. The 3rd one has a loose disc and 4th one looks good. Wife says I’m weird getting 4 but it’s reasons like this. Now have to exchange and hate doing this crap. They wonder why people do this after many years of having to return damaged Steelbooks all the time.

Credits
    Thats funny @leprekon there is nothing wrong with getting 4 for reasons like this. But do you keep the three defective steelbooks or are you getting your money back from them. I know BBYC might frown on that but even they cannot complain when they see all the defective steelbooks that you received.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Cull Obsidian View Post
    Thats funny @leprekon there is nothing wrong with getting 4 for reasons like this. But do you keep the three defective steelbooks or are you getting your money back from them. I know BBYC might frown on that but even they cannot complain when they see all the defective steelbooks that you received.
    @Cull Obsidian I only keep 1 copy. I had to go through 3 copies today. The original one I opened didn’t close properly and had the “Disney Dent”, other had scratches on back with the same dent as well as my copy I kept. When I call to get my Captain Marvel discount I’m gonna ask for a discount on that dent. Just amazes me the amount of damage steelbooks they must get from all these stores. I even tell the people in the store I hate ordering 4 just to get 1 mint copy and for $50 they understand. At least they are constant with the box sizes pretty much.

Credits

Embossed is raised lettering from the surface, Debossed is the opposite, sunk lettering.
    I received all the other Disney's today, and they all had the "Disney Dent".

I'm starting to wonder if the Disney dent is not simply a manufacturing flaw, because nothing makes sense. The quality is crap to begin with.

Spine slashes have always been a mystery, simply because nobody was ever able to figure out where they happened in the fabricating process, unless the cello is also cut, which narrows it down to the warehouse or store level.

Either way, BB won't address the issues, which is really a shame.

Credits
    In truth the whole situation sucks from having it become a standard practice by BBYC of receiving damaged goods in a nice cardboard box, to people having to purchasing 4 -5 SteelBooks in order to stand a chance of getting a somewhat undamaged unit, then now Best Buy Canada cannot fill many orders and we are given a vouchers for $20-$50.

Finally, for those of us Canadians steelbook collectors who cannot get a decent steelbook in Canada if you are fortunate enough and are forced to buy it in Amurica hallelujer; but if not then you're SOL. Why because we are not able to purchase here in our own country.

I can only speak for myself but living on the the US/CAN border I also have ordered from and driven to the Best Buy US. From, spending $12.50 CND round trip for bridge and/or tunnel toll, hoping there is not traffic on the bridge, then having to deal with the US/CND custom gestapo and finally have an hour round trip drive to the closet Best Buy in the surrounding Metro Detroit area then having to finally purchase the 1-2 steelbooks that are coming in that week in US funds not including buying US funds at what ever the exchange rate is that day. For me we are not saving anything making this truly one hot mess and it is not getting any better.

Credits
    Well I guess it off to the the Best Buy in the good old US of A because I just looked at my email and got this message.

Thanks for placing an order for Dumbo (Limited Edition) (SteelBook) (Only at Best Buy) (4K Ultra HD) (Blu-ray Combo) (2019). However, despite our best efforts we weren't able to secure inventory for the product so we've been forced to cancel the order.

We're very sorry for this, and we'll make sure your method of payment is not charged To apologize we'd like to offer you a $5 eCertificate, which you can use on almost any future purchase at BestBuy.ca Blah Blah Blah.
    You get the idea, I guess it was for the best because I probably would have received another damaged copy.

But it does make me wonder what the status of our future orders like Aladdin, X Men: Dark Phoenix and Men In Black: International will be like when they are being classified as back order and the Avenger: Endgame, Thor 1 & 2, Iron Man 1-3 and Avengers 4-Movie 4K Ultra HD SteelBook Collection has been reclassified as online preorder. With all the mistake going on at Best Buy Canada all can see is all our back order items being cancelled. Hopefully I am wrong.

Credits
    has anyone noticed there site isn't working properly? You would do a search and would go to a blank screen or some links don't even let you click on them. Even just no images just everything else in the listings?

Credits
    Nice job Best Buy Canada! Again I have to give a Kudos to them because while I will complain when Best Buy Canada and/or their distributer gets my order messed up and/or damaged. I also will acknowledge when they get things right case in point I just got my Thor 1 & 2, Iron Man 1-3, Avenger 4 steelbook and Avengers 4-Movie 4K Ultra HD SteelBook Collection in today and all was good; again they were packed in a large box with packing material which is expected for a large order. For the most part they arrived in good condition with no "clamp" marks on the back, no scratches, and/or spine slashes but the Avengers 4-Movie 4K holding case did have a dent which I can live with. But all things considered "Nice job Best Buy Canada" please let my other Disney orders come in good condition!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Cull Obsidian View Post
    Nice job Best Buy Canada! Again I have to give a Kudos to them because while I will complain when Best Buy Canada and/or their distributer gets my order messed up and/or damaged. I also will acknowledge when they get things right case in point I just got my Thor 1 & 2, Iron Man 1-3, Avenger 4 steelbook and Avengers 4-Movie 4K Ultra HD SteelBook Collection in today and all was good; again they were packed in a large box with packing material which is expected for a large order. For the most part they arrived in good condition with no "clamp" marks on the back, no scratches, and/or spine slashes but the Avengers 4-Movie 4K holding case did have a dent which I can live with. But all things considered "Nice job Best Buy Canada" please let my other Disney orders come in good condition!

Seems like the Avengers collection people are getting in bubble mailers and dented and hacked to ****.

Credits
    Well all my marvel movies received today were pretty good, but again, except the avengers collection. Its pretty banged up, and i received it in a big box and all. Wondering if it was not in the best buy factory itself that they were not careful, and not just during shipping
    Sucks considering the amount of $ it costs

Credits
    Hey guys....

Has anyone else had problems with Best Buy processing your payments when pre-ordering using PayPal???? (This has ALWAYS been my form of Payment)

I got really lucky... I had pre-ordered Avengers and the Halloween steelbooks pretty much the day they were released to the site only to have Best Buy have problems processing my payment (money in account not being the issue - and even if there were $0 my credit card is the secondary form of payment)... They did notify me in advance of the issue but even through the website I continued to get errors when I attempted to change my form of payment directly to my credit card. They ended up cancelling 3 of my orders (Avengers x 2 Halloween x 1) without even notifying me via email the day after they were to ship...

Luckily they still had both available on the website which should be received today (Used my credit card direct) - now to see if they are damaged like many others have complained recently about

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast