Thanks Thanks:  126
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Buy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Credits
    Horrible Customer Service... Just thankful I didn't get completely screwed...

Credits
    Is there a thread or something on ordering from BB US? I just tried to order something (using MyUS.com for shipping) and had my order cancelled because it "couldn't validate details".

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Wavey Dave View Post
    Is there a thread or something on ordering from BB US? I just tried to order something (using MyUS.com for shipping) and had my order cancelled because it "couldn't validate details".
    I would in fact be very interested in knowing how it works too, I didn't know such a thing even existed.

Credits

Anyone check-out the Disney SteelBooks at Best Buy US? most releases are $20 off, including Marvel!!!
    That's some seriously attractive pricing considering Best Buy Canada keeps increasing their prices for damaged goods.

I can't see through walls, but I can kick your ass.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by CGKid91 View Post
    I would in fact be very interested in knowing how it works too, I didn't know such a thing even existed.
    @Wavey Dave @CGKid91

I am not familiar with MyUS.com but since international orders are intended for use in the U.S., it is assumed that products will be used in the U.S. Best Buy does not ship to known freight forwarders; I have placed a link below. But from my experience you have two options have your order shipped to a mailing address within the 50 United States, U.S. Virgin Islands, Guam or an APO/FPO address and/or pick up your order at any U.S. store or choose to have someone else pick up your order. Basically you can send it to a friend or family members address who lives in the USA or place a in store order and have them pick it up; but you need a US mailing address or have someone you know who lives in the US pick it up for you.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/help-to...at204400050019

Credits
    Thanks guys.

On my second failed attempt I noticed the overseas billing address stuff, but after 3 cancellations I'm pretty sure that using a forwarder is the issue. I'm kinda scuppered due to needing someone else to deliver to. At the moment, I'm not really inclined to drive from the north of the GTA to Buffalo just for a few Steelbooks!

Did win an eBay auction on the 4K "Captain America: The First Avenger" Steelbook at a not too exorbitant price so maybe I'll see if I can do the same with GoTG; although I'll keep an eye on BB Can and also Zavvi.

Credits

At the moment, I'm not really inclined to drive from the north of the GTA to Buffalo just for a few Steelbooks!
    Hey @Wavey Dave,

I can agree with you on that statement because even though if you went there; you have no guarantee they would have them in stock. Because I went to the Best Buy in Allen Park MI expecting to get my hands on the steelbook for Godzilla: King of the Monsters; unfortunately they had none in stock and the closest Best Buy were I could pick up a copy would in a Michigan store near Toledo OHIO. They clerk did say they may have some in maybe in week to a month; unfortunately I cannot drive there every week to find out.

Credits

Source Best Buy Corporate

International Segment Q3 FY20 Results

International Revenue
    International revenue of $800 million decreased 4.1% versus last year. This decrease was primarily driven by a comparable sales decline of 1.9%, which was driven by Canada, and the impact of approximately 170 basis points of negative foreign currency exchange rates.

Credits
    Sorry @jacques1400, but I neglected to mention the fact that my main purpose for the trip not mainly to go to Best Buy US. But was to take my brother to the Detroit Metro Airport and seeing how there was a BBY store 10 min from there I decided at the last minute to stop in and in my hubris I figured I would be able to find a steelbook copy of Godzilla:King of the Monsters there like I did with Dumbo 2019 and Detective Pikachu. As you read I was wrong; I do have an online account with Best Buy USA and have had on numerous account reserved items like Mary Poppins and Mary Poppins Returns at this store. But seeing how our decision to go state side is usually made on the spur of the moment; my decision to go to Best Buy is made on the fly so if I am able to find what I want I am happy; if not I am a little disappointed but not that much because from past experience I know I will see it later on in that store or another. Today I gambled and lost; but tomorrow will be different. I do thank you for your help and I appreciate it very much!!!

Credits
    Thanks @jacques1400,

That is wonderful news; so we can should we can expect damages on all the Pixar releases. Are there any other damages like steelbooks that cannot close because they have defective clamps.

Also, I was looking at hidefninja.com and people are announcing BBY US Disney steelbook releases for these movies.

Zootopia (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

https://www.hidefninja.com/community...ve-usa.103627/

Moana (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

https://www.hidefninja.com/community...ve-usa.103626/

Big Hero 6 (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

https://www.hidefninja.com/community...ve-usa.103623/

Tangled (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

https://www.hidefninja.com/community...ve-usa.103625/

The Princess and the Frog (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

https://www.hidefninja.com/community...ve-usa.103624/

At this time I can find nothing on the Best Buy USA website but the individual who has announced these titles is stating a November 5,2019 release date so we can expect to see something this month so everybody keep your eyes open.
    Last edited by Cull Obsidian; 09-22-2019 at 04:05 PM.

Credits
    lol people gonna have to get another mortgage just for steelbooks. Just wait till 8k gets released Disney will re-release there catalogue in 8K steelbooks

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by leprekon View Post
    lol people gonna have to get another mortgage just for steelbooks. Just wait till 8k gets released Disney will re-release there catalogue in 8K steelbooks
    Lol I knew @leprekon there was a reason that I did not run off and buy a 4K UHD player and/or television. At this point the only I am purchasing half these movies at this time is because I missed out on them when they were first released; I do not plan on buying them if they are released to 8K.

Credits

I personally would not purchase a "Retail Wide Release" from Best Buy, Amazon ships in mailers and I rarely get a damaged SteelBook. Even if I do get one, I know it will be replaced because they carry stock.
    But that's me.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by jacques1400 View Post

I personally would not purchase a "Retail Wide Release" from Best Buy, Amazon ships in mailers and I rarely get a damaged SteelBook. Even if I do get one, I know it will be replaced because they carry stock.
    But that's me.

Your right @jacques1400, truthfully as I stated before at the the time of this steelbook being announced I was considering placing the order with CINEMA 1. But because of attitude issues with not one but two of the clerks there; I figured since ordered the previous Code Geass: Lelouch of Rebellion - Movie Trilogy Limited Edition SteelBook and Cowboy Bebop: The Movie - Knockin' on Heaven's Door SteelBook with no issues through BBYCAN I would do the same with the Code Geass- Lelouch of the Re;surrection Steelbook. Well I was wrong and I think I will order the Avatar - The Last Airbender: The Complete Series [Steelbook] [Blu-ray] through Amazon if and/or when the price goes down.

I also noticed if I place an order through Amazon for the Avatar - The Last Airbender: The Complete Series [Steelbook] [Blu-ray] they are offering it for $76.99 I think I may try placing an order with them.

https://www.amazon.ca/Avatar-Airbend...s%2C271&sr=8-1

Credits

What's the Deal?

Not sure what's going on here, but it's pretty obvious Best Buy, for the most part, gave up on SteelBook Exclusives a while back, we all know that.
    The weird part is that Sunrise/FYE is actually also offering many of the so called "Best Buy Exclusives" on their Site.

Agreed, The mission: Impossible wave was limited to Best Buy, but it was not an exclusive to start with, simply nobody else cared about carrying it in Canada.

Shazam!, Super Mario Brothers, & The Flash have placeholders on Sunrise/FYE.

Is Sunrise/FYE getting ready to take over some Best Buy assets in Canada? After all, that's what they do, they purchase bits and pieces from failing companies, Bed Bath & Beyond, David's Tea, and of course FYE and HMV.

Pure speculation, but anyone who's watched the movie "Wall Street" knows what I'm talking about. American Retailers are leaving Canada for various reasons, but mostly, doing business here is not a walk in the park in profit making.
    Best Buy gave up on Mexico, why not give up on Canada as well, it's not like they carry much anyway, half the stuff they have are from resellers.

I know some of you guy's work at Sunrise/FYE, any talks/thoughts?

Last edited by jacques1400; 07-27-2023 at 06:21 PM.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast