Thanks Thanks:  126
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Buy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Credits
    I have 3 TVs and only 1 is 4k (not UHD though as I didn’t know about it) and 1 4k Bluray player. So I’m not upgrading unless I need a new tv or get the new Xbox/ps console which will have 8k.

Credits
    So after inspection of my 8 Aladdin’s (4 on each order) noticed a spine slash, one with paint line on spine missing, one dent on front bottom some with ripped plastic which looks like scratches. I opened one to notice the Disney dent which was hard to see on black with plastic wrap. I tore on the back of 3 where the Disney dent would be and 2 didn’t have one and 1 did. The 2 that didn’t have one, 1 was the spine slash and the other was iffy on. This is just such a pain. At least Aladdin is debossed (I think that’s what when the title is indented correct?)

Credits

Even though I can't comment on your specific titles, I have noticed that an unusual amount of New Releases are simply added for Pre-Order with Limited Inventory. Once sold-out, the placeholder is simply removed from the Customer Website like it was never available.

These days, retail inventory issues are everywhere because of the Pandemic, but I had noticed the Best Buy trend prior to March.

My guess? Just like the "Planograms" they use for product placement, I'm fairly certain the same principle is used to determine stock quantities for Canada. If by chance the stock is depleted from pre-orders, then it's gone for good.
    In short, not seeing an item listed does not guarantee it was never sold at some point, but that's just my own conclusion.

I can't see through walls, but I can kick your ass.

Credits
    Thanks @jacques1400,

I think just for me I found it strange; this is just my maladjustment but I guess am used to seeing steelbook inventory disappear. But I am not used to regular blurays selling out. Fortunately, (knock on wood) I guess I can go to Sunrise Records and/or CINEMA 1 to pick up one in the store.

Credits
    I’m going to call them to request a discount on this. I looked at all of them and not one single copy is perfect. The best one is the one I opened since it’s on the back. Either I take a Disney dent or a scratch on the bottom front without a dent on the back. Hope they actually have stock in store but I don’t think they do since I can’t reserve in store.

Credits
    I only see stock for onlne orders for both the animated and live action versions. That may be limited if other people who have ordered multiple copies had defects on each of their orders may start returning them and ordering new ones.

Credits
    They gave me $10 credit to my cc. Told me $10 over the usual 20% which I have never heard that before.

Credits

Hey! 95% of my Canadian Purchases are from Amazon, can't beat some of the specials they have, or some of the stuff resellers offer.

My Best Buy purchases are strictly limited to exclusives, mind you I still buy from Best Buy US faithfully, can't beat their US operation.
    Cinema 1 does have excellent deals at times, and for Arrow BD's you can't beat Unobstructed View when they have a sale on.

I still buy quite a bit from the US, but had to cut down because of the exchange rate being so high.

Credits

No big deal, it was inevitable.
    The transition already began with new Boutique labels being created over the last year or so.
    Of course it makes a dent on SteelBooks for the North American market, but it's not like we were getting much of anything here anyway.

Hey!!! it might work in our favour, Amazon Canada was not carrying many of the US offerings of standard releases in either BD & 4K, so if the rumours are true about Best Buy US, then we may see more options this side of the border.

Credits
    Sorry to be placing this here but did not want people thinking this was a new release announcement but I was wondering does anyone recall the Pixar movies Coco and Cars 3 being released as a 4K steelbook when they were first released by Best Buy Canada in February 13, 2018 (Coco) and November 7, 2017 (Car 3). Maybe they were but BBYC did not recieve them but if they didn't I find it bizarre why were they not being re-released as a new 4K steelbook or at the very least I should say I just find it odd that at least Cars 3 was not released along with the new steelbook releases of Cars 1&2; maybe they will when they release the new batch that consists of Bugs Life, UP and the remaining PIXAR titles.

Credits
    Well I do not know who is handling Best Buy Canada's online orders but I just recieved all three of my orders + 1. I placed an order for one of each 101 Dalmatians, Sleeping Beauty and Maleficent and but what got in the mail was 2 copies 101 Dalmatians and 1 copy of Sleeping Beauty and Maleficent. When I first saw this I got pissed at myself thinking that I accidently made the mistake; but when I looked at my order history it shows I ordered one of each of these titles and I was only charged for one 101 Dalmation steelbook meaning i only have one reciept it I return this and if there is a problem with the one I keep I will have nothing. If these are the type of mistakes Best Buy Canada is making with online orders then I can see why many orders are not being filled properly.

Credits
    Wow freebies!

Credits
    I was wondering can anyone at this time get access to Best Buy Canada music and movies and/ or the steelbook sections of their site. Just walked in the door and went to check their site and the steelbook or music and movies page will not load on my computer. Hopefully this means they are adding more new items to their site.

EDIT: Never mind the site is back up and running.
    Last edited by Cull Obsidian; 09-26-2019 at 05:01 PM. Reason: Corretion

Credits
    There has been no official word on each of this item but I just wanted to give people a heads up but it sounds like Best Buy USA announced they will be getting The Jungle Book (2016) (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) with a release date for January 14, 2020. I hope we see an online preorder for this and Malificient Mistress of Evil in Canada soon.
    Last edited by Cull Obsidian; 11-30-2019 at 12:42 PM. Reason: sentence correction

Credits

I wouldn't get my hopes up in seeing much from Best Buy Canada, all they've been adding are retail wide releases, with limited quantities to boot. Rambo, Gemini Man, It Collection, and others are coming up from Best Buy US within a month with zero here.

Sunrise might be getting some, but they only carry a handful per store and don't care about promoting them unless it's "Coloured Vinyl", so it's a guessing game with them.

Sad day for Collectors unfortunately.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast