Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Credits
    Originally posted by Mark Strube
    I have already received complaints about this thread, but I'm not locking or deleting it yet since it's simply contained opinion and nothing directly offensive. I am keeping an eye on this.
    hehe. I notice you say "YET" as if it is going to be closed soon. From a moderator's point of view do you think an argument like this can happen without eventually going crazy? Or are you actually saying that it's open until it gets out of control, which will happen any post now and you're just hoping as many people can get constructive ideas in until that post?

Credits
    Personally, I'm agnostic. I don't believe, but I refuse to rule out the possibility that something's out there. Now, do I think faith can be a good thing? Absolutely. Organized Religions I tend to have more problems with, because they're run by people, and people can be corrupt. But simple, personal belief, between you and whatever you believe in, doesn't do any harm.

Anyway, those are my thoughts.
    Are you a Mexi-CAN or a Mexi-CAN'T?

Credits
    Originally posted by Marcus
    hehe. I notice you say "YET" as if it is going to be closed soon. From a moderator's point of view do you think an argument like this can happen without eventually going crazy? Or are you actually saying that it's open until it gets out of control, which will happen any post now and you're just hoping as many people can get constructive ideas in until that post?
    I'm saying I'm giving this thread a chance UNTIL it turns into seriously insulting people or groups of people.

Credits
    Originally posted by Mark Strube
    I'm saying I'm giving this thread a chance UNTIL it turns into seriously insulting people or groups of people.

Nothing OFFENSIVE?!?!?!?!?!? You must not have read the part where EQUINOX called Christians MORONS!

Nothing offensive my a$$! Getting heated over politics is one thing, but religious insults like that are ridiculous. What's next? Are all those of Jews, Muslims, and Taoists are morons too? Next thing you know its Japanese or African people are being called morons and getting away with it!!!!! I move to censor Equinox for 1 month as punishment. Anyone care to second the motion?

Credits
    Agnostics and Atheists are the complete morons, they keep on insulting the rest of the world... about 90% of the people of the world believe in a God one way or another.....

They say things as if they are always right and have the ideological and political right to ursurp 6000 to 2000 years of human faith or religion.

Who do you think you are to question thousands of years of human history and faith. Religion and Faith is in the very core and culture of every human nation and civilization. Man can not simply exist in its daily lives without it, and I strongly refuse to live in a society where materialism is the core of human existence.

Look at nations and political systems that refused religion. The old USSR barely lasted 80 years, and this is partly due to the fact that it placed materialism and the person/people as the core of its nation.

Now look at India and China, their cultures and belief are so old and lasted all these centuries, because they have faith and religion in the core of their society.

We live in a human world and it is not perfect, most Agnostics and Atheists expect a perfect world in this world, they fail to find this perfect world here. Who they blame and reason they give?.. that GOD and faith is non existence. And this is usually the reason for these people to have no faith or have lost faith. Which is simply a pity
    http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

Credits
    cmon guys, check the thread "how old are we"... sure moviebuff and others may not agree with my opinion or so and so may not agree with someone elses opinion.. but its our right to say what we feel... just as it is our right to disagree... so dont take anything as a personal attack rather see it as someone elses opinion, and noone has the right to take that persons opinion away from them, I believe that it is possible to conduct a discussion regarding religion or politics, and on a board like this where the average age is around 20ish i would think we all can handle each others opinions, infact i encourage people to state their differing opinions becuase it gives me something to think about... so stop attacking each others posts, post constructive crisicism if you have to, but dont see it as a personal jab... otherwise we are lowering our standards... and only prooving we are not mature enough to have a civilised discussion.

[My Top 20 Movies@Ymdb] - ([)(]) Dolby Digital the choice of ML's - [~My Place ~]

{Drag The Sunrise Down: You know the light can hypnotise, so shut it out and close your eyes - Rooster}

Credits
    Originally posted by Vader75
    Nothing OFFENSIVE?!?!?!?!?!? You must not have read the part where EQUINOX called Christians MORONS!

Nothing offensive my a$$! Getting heated over politics is one thing, but religious insults like that are ridiculous. What's next? Are all those of Jews, Muslims, and Taoists are morons too? Next thing you know its Japanese or African people are being called morons and getting away with it!!!!! I move to censor Equinox for 1 month as punishment. Anyone care to second the motion?
    First of all I'd have to say this posting is almost more offensive than what Equinox said. Secondly, I believe when he said 'moron Christian article' he was pretty clearly referring to the article itself, which did contradict itself in many ways, not Christians themselves. And even then, I took issue with him about it.
    That's it, thread closed, you can thank Vader75 for making it confrontational.

Credits
    I've posted about this before...

I have NO PROBLEM with political.. religious.. or other "off topic" debates. As long as they are not attacks on other members.

This thread is on the line...

I do agree, that the original post was calling the article moronic. Not a specific group of people. But things since then have turned into attacks.

This is a MOVIE site.
    The main discussion is movies.
    So i have NO PROBLEM shutting down topics that don't belong.
    I'd rather not.. but if they are going to become arguments, i will.

EVERYBODY knows that you never try to debate religion.
    Some believe, some don't. You aren't going to change anyone's beliefs through this forum. So don't even bother.

I'm not going to lay blame. I'm not going to 'punish' anyone. I'm just stopping the thread now, and we can all move onto to talking about wether Daredevil is going to suck or not.

The End.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12