Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Credits

Starship Troopers 2

http://productionweekly.com/site.html

is reporting that production is scheduled to begin this spring on a sequel to the Peter Verhoeven directed "STARSHIP TROOPERS" based on Robert Heinlein's classic sci-fi novel. Phil Tippett, who created the creature visual effects for the original, will direct the project mid-May in Los Angeles.

The story follows a small group of troopers who find themselves taking refuge in an abandoned outpost as they attempt to fight against the encroaching arachnids-not realizing that a much graver danger is actually infiltrating their unit.
    i think this will be end up being a B movie or direct to video release...

no Paul Verhoeven
    http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

Credits
    No No No Noooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Credits
    The movie stands alone. No sequal is nesessary or wanted.

Credits
    NOOOOOOO!!!!

GOOD LORD NO!!!!

Credits
    I didnt liked the first movie and so ....

Credits
    PETER Verhoeven????????

IT'S PAUL VERHOEVEN GODDAMNIT!:big grin:

We are talking Dutch pride here

Credits
    Story and detail sounds like it will be alot like the Starship Troopers TV Series. I sure hope it is. That was more based on a group of ppl than a few hundred.
    /!\ Certified Bandwidth Abuser || ([)(]) Dolby Digital me bitch! || Alicia Keys || Game Trailers || FaceBook user ||
    || All-time Favourite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica (2003+), Dead Like Me, FireFly, Invader ZIM, Space: Above & Beyond, Veronica Mars ||

[ -- Music Festival Whore! -- ]

Credits
    I guess I'm the only one looking forward to this, I enjoyed the first one in all its B-movie glory, and I'm hoping this one just continues that, and doesn't try to change the formula too much. From what I read looks like it's almost the same formula... which is great! The first movie was hilarious and full of stupid fun action, where can you go wrong?

Credits
    Originally posted by Mark Strube
    The first movie was hilarious and full of stupid fun action...
    Hilarious. Yes. STUPID fun? No. It featured quite a lot of criticism of our current society. This is still quite overlooked with ST.

Credits
    I guess I'm alone in disliking the original. Plenty of satire but I just found it to be too gory to be funny.

The series is decent fun though, so maybe I'll like the sequel. Without Verahovans obsessions with flesh.

Credits
    The movie wasn't anywhere close to as critical of society as the book. As for a second movie, meh. could be decent fun, could blow goats, either way I'm not losing much sleep over it.
    Are you a Mexi-CAN or a Mexi-CAN'T?

Credits
    The first one was really great...and enough. Personnaly, this is one of my fav sci-fi movie, with great action and comedy. The whole idea was excellent, but a sequel isnot necessary. Any rumors on actors?
    D. Mc'lawns,
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.--Verbal Kint, Usual Suspect

Credits
    When I first saw the preview for this movie, I got my hopes up that it was another Alien sequel.

Credits
    Starship Troopers 2: A reader at Dark Horizons has reported on the proposed plot for the sequel to Paul Verhoeven's sci-fi classic, Star Troopers:
    "The film involves a bunch of troopers in a fort staving off raids from the bugs while waiting to be rescued. The cast will be made up of largely unknowns and will not feature any characters from the previous film. What the film will feature is a lot of action and a very surprising human drama. The reason for this is that the bugs have a parasitic infection in their arsenal, and troopers who become infected start to loose control and decay from the inside. A symptom of the infection is a hand deformity so as a result, those who are infected attempt to hide this fact and will cause the soldiers to turn on themselves as they are unsure of whom they can trust. The film will mix elements of "The Thing", "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" "The Hidden", and "Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan" with classic Trooper Combat".
    http://www.lightsoutentertainment.co...ews.php?id=751

Credits
    well, I look forward to it
    If you can stay calm, while all around you is chaos...then you probably haven't completely understood the seriousness of the situation.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast