Thanks Thanks:  1

Thread: Amazon UK

Credits

Amazon UK

Anyone order from Amazon UK lately?
    Curious about their shipping to Canada, because I ordered quite a few items from them in the past, but since Covid their shipping went through the roof, so I gave up.

Then last month I was looking for something, and saw that their shipping had decreased to an acceptable level. So I figured why not! Low and behold the item shipped and never gave it a second thought...... until I received notification that it shipped by DHL.

DHL have the highest, and most ludicrous charges for clearance, and I always avoided purchasing from stores who used them, like FNAC.

The end result it cost me over $27 in Brokerage in addition to a Service fee, excluding the GST/PST for both services and the taxes for the item, needless to say, buyers beware!!

So my question is, did anyone else order from Amazon UK since the beginning of the year, and ended up getting dinged big time because it shipped DHL instead of Royal Post, or was my experience a one of?

I can't see through walls, but I can kick your ass.

Credits
    Haven't ordered from Amazon UK, but I placed an order just last week from Amazon IT. Three Steelbooks at a shipping cost of 28 Euros and a Import Cost deposit of 7.50 Euros. Still pricey, IMO. Shipped with Australia Post Global (!). I'll post if I get dinged with taxes or any other out of pocket expenses.

Credits

If Amazon charged you an import fee, it covers the PST/GST and all charges, so you're good.
    Australia Post is also good, I get a lot of items shipped through them.
    In my case, there was no import fee charged by Amazon, which is not unusual, but shipping DHL is, considering I paid for the basic shipping.

I can't see through walls, but I can kick your ass.