Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

end of era for drawn and animated Disney films

http://www.lightsoutentertainment.co...ews.php?id=724

The end of era has come. The very last classically drawn and animated Disney films (all newer animated films will be aided by computers), Bears and Home On The Range, are to soon be released
    Bears and Home On The Range

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=14515

http://animated-movies.squareworld.com/News.html

but I still prefer hand drawn animation, it has this unique or special look that only artists can draw, unlike computer animation which is too perfect and all the same....

its the inconsistency and the imperfections of the human artist that makes hand made animation so special.... IMO...
    http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

Credits
    it is sad... now disney will be able to release more direct to video sequels quicker than ever before, i think thats what used to make disney movies so special, the amount of time it took to make a film guaranteed that thought and effort was put into it, now... all disney cares about is making a quick buck...

[My Top 20 Movies@Ymdb] - ([)(]) Dolby Digital the choice of ML's - [~My Place ~]

{Drag The Sunrise Down: You know the light can hypnotise, so shut it out and close your eyes - Rooster}

Credits
    well...if you think about it...disney's movies have always been aided by something....in the beginning it was rotoscoping
    (animation drawn over live action to simulate real animation) and now it is the PC. but, there have only been a few disney movies that were any good, so it's not like a big loss....
    "I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone …
    but they've always worked for me,"

Hunter S.Thompson

ZUBi is offline Valued Longtime Member (1971-2006)
    Credits

Unhappy

sad

Bush, Bin Laden, Hussein, Castro: SAME $HIT

Credits

Credits
    posted on Aint It Cool News today:

Hey Harry,

It's the Muks here from Mukpuddy Animation.

This is in regards to the scooper who seems to think that Disney's Brother Bear and Home on the Range will be Disney's last "2D" traditionally animated features.

Having worked in the 2D animation industry for some time our list of animation contacts is pretty extensive, even going as far as Walt Disney Feature Animation who have provided the following list of confirmed 2D projects.

Don Quixote 2005

Fantasia 2006

Rapunzel 2007

The Snow Queen 2008

Chicken Little 2009

The Search for Mickey (50th Film) 2010

Silly Stories 2010

Puss in Boots 2011

After that, Disney still have more in the works including:

Expedition

Rescuers 3 (cinema released)

Silkies

The Lady of the Lake

Not to mention the planned animated features starring Mickey, Donald & Goofy (the first being The Three Musketeers.

Proof, me thinks, that 2D traditional animation is not dead, and never will be! Besides that, it's far better and has more character that CG will ever have!

ZUBi is offline Valued Longtime Member (1971-2006)
    Credits

Thumbs up

THX for that info J-PB

Credits
    Originally posted by Jean-Pierre Bazinet
    posted on Aint It Cool News today:
    I checked this with a webmaster of animated-movies.com and here are his thoughts:

# About That Counter-Post at AICN

A few hours after previews of Disney's Brother Bear and Home on the Range were posted at Ain't It Cool last week, an animation fan asked me to respond to a counterpost by 'Muks from Mukpuddy Animation' that reportedly stated that the Mouse House had many more 2D features in the works beyond Home. Very excited to be proven wrong on this, I rushed over to AICN but couldn't find the article which had been taken down by then... Fortunately, 'Uros' was able to send me the list of rumored greenlit projects today, which supposedly include: Don Quixote in 2005 (project in limbo), Fantasia 2006 (date not confirmed yet and will reportedly include many CG elements, but Muks had a point there!), Rapunzel in 2007 (Glen Keane confirmed that Disney is pushing for all-CG), The Snow Queen in 2008 (was also penciled with CG in mind), Chicken Little in 2009 (that would be 2005 and this feature is definitely CG), The Search for Mickey in 2010 (check Jim Hill's excellent article for status confirmation), and two more that I personally have never heard of: Silly Stories in 2010 and Puss in Boots in 2011 (that one would be great to see animated!). "After that," added 'Muks from Mukpuddy Animation', "Disney still have more in the works including: Expedition, Rescuers 3 (cinema released), Silkies, The Lady of the Lake." I'll let you judge the validity of this info by yourself. Keep in mind however that Disney did recently push forward a project, still in its very early stage of development, with traditional animation in mind: Antonius is the story of "a leopard in ancient Egypt who becomes a freedom fighter."
    . Uri .

Credits
    I guess it's really true what they used to tell me in my childhood about machine taking over the work of man...

so sad.

Credits
    Originally posted by popcopy
    I guess it's really true what they used to tell me in my childhood about machine taking over the work of man...

so sad.
    It's called progress. We would not be wearing the clothes we are wearing now, if it wasn't for machines or talking to each other for that matter.

And machines are just taking care of mundain tasks, which would take too long for people to do, so people can use their skills to advance their craft and society.

Today it just does't make any sense to hand paint every single cell of mainstream animated movie. It's like saying all the clothes, shoes, pots, cars etc. should be made by hand. Machines bring more choice, so there won't be 3 animated movies a year, but there will be 10 or 20, from which anybody can find something he/she likes.

I like Disney, but after Lion King I started to get fed-up, that there was not much choice. So I turned back to anime, which i first enjoyed during the 80s. It also depends on the story. For some CGI works great, for others hand drawn animation is the only way. The third choice is best of both worlds. I'm looking forward to what the future will bring in the animation department.