Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Garfield Infos

Credits

Garfield Infos

http://www.comingsoon.net/cgi-bin/ar...8054074,60744,

Over lunch Annette indicated that only Garfield would be CGI. The other well-known and beloved characters would be actual cats and dogs, their lips computer animated to speak, a la Cats and Dogs and such. Why stray so far from the source? And why have Garfield as Garfield and none of the other characters as themselves?

On one hand, if all the animal characters were CGI, there would be a uniformity in the film's Garfield Universe (and CGI is easier to manipulate than live animals).

On the other hand there's Odie. I don't think it's ever been established if he's an actual breed. He's yellow with brown ears. At best he is very much a mixed breed/mutt. Is the handsome golden retreiver I saw (but did not see used) to portray the lovable empty headed Odie?

3:15pm - I waited as they put "Nermal" in place with the Garfield stand-in (a well made Garfield model, complete with fur and familiar smirk). Instead of the grey tabby that is the kitten Nerman of the strip, they are using a very pretty long-haired Siamese cat.
    ohhhhh CGI Garfield.... good or bad?
    http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

Credits
    ofcourse he's bad, he tries to run Jon's life, alwalys eat lasagna and nothing to do all day, but if u turn that, he's just one happy cat who want to live all nine lives for one couse - LASAGNA
    Sometimes a wind blows
    and the mysteries of Love
    come clear. -David Lynch

my top 20 movies

Credits
    mmmm .... LASAGNA, I am so hungry...

hey will they release Garfield TV series on DVD ? Garfield and friends ? I really loved that show =)

Credits

Credits
    Originally posted by tisoy
    hey will they release Garfield TV series on DVD ? Garfield and friends ? I really loved that show =)
    That's the question I asked myself every freakin' day. It's one of the top priorities on Editman's Most-Requested DVD List.

I've taped most of the show, but since they've never broadcasted all the episodes on free TV down under, my collection is never completed.

Apprarently in the US a company called Tremendous Inc. has picked up the rights to distribute the show. They haven't indicated whether it'll hit DVD or when.

http://www.tremendousinc.com/garfield.html

In France 2 "best-of Garfield" (from 1st season) DVDs were released last year. Which I believe is the only Garfield & Friends DVD available in the whole wide world. Sadly the only audio track available is the French dub. And they cut off original intertitles.

My gut feeling is that they may have a chance to hit the shelf (either complete seasons or 'best-of's) around the time the movie get released.

As about the movie, have they already started shooting? Any on-set photos released yet!?

EDIT: Checked comingsoon and Garfield's official website. Jennifer Love Hewitt plays Liz!!!???....

well... I'll be damned...
    Last edited by editman; 03-19-2003 at 10:39 PM.

"The idea was to be a symbol. editman could be anybody, that was the point."

Trolls destroyed the Forum

my DVD/blu-ray List

Credits
    I Read that Jennifer Love Hewitt will play Johns Girlfiend.......well that is not realistic....

But Garfield will be great

Credits
    Originally posted by GermanFinne
    I Read that Jennifer Love Hewitt will play Johns Girlfiend.......well that is not realistic....
    Ahem, GermanFinne. Did you read my post (right above yours!) before you posted!?

Jennifer Love Hewitt plays Liz the vet, who is the closest person ever in the comic to be Jon's girlfriend.

So it's not a matter of being realistic or not... yet... depending on the story itself...

BTW this one's my favourite of the year so far:

Last edited by editman; 03-20-2003 at 06:21 PM.

Credits
    btw, I got from guevara the complete Garfield comics..... 350MB in Gif just like these.. =)

Credits
    btw, I got from guevara the complete Garfield comics..... 350MB in Gif just like these.. =)
    Me too...
    From 1978 till 2003....every single day a nice garfield cartoon...

Credits
    Ah just got the Pic of the Garfield StuntDouble....

:big grin: :big grin:

Credits
    Fuk dat biatch ... I'm da real Garfield

Credits
    Me too. Took ages to download them all.

Although technically it can't be the complete comic collection because it's still on-going. Unless you keep downloading every day it won't be complete.

Now if someone can translate all 25 years of comics into other languages...

Originally posted by Mischa
    Fuk dat biatch ... I'm da real Garfield
    Not if you ain't orange...

Besides Garfield never shows his digit to anyone... not on screen anyway...

Last edited by editman; 03-20-2003 at 06:17 PM.

Credits
    ok, its confirmed..

http://www.garfield.com/hot/movie/index.html

March 1, 2003 (Muncie, IN - Paws, Inc.)
    20th Century Fox announced today that they have given the Garfield Movie the "green light" and production will begin as early as March 10th.

While the voice behind Garfield has not yet been cast, Breckin Meyer (Clueless, Can't Hardly Wait, Road Trip) has been cast as Garfield's owner "Jon Arbuckle," and Jennifer Love Hewitt has been signed to play "Liz."

The movie release date has been set so look for Garfield in the theatres this holiday season, December 19, 2003.

Jim Davis has worked closely with John Davis, Peter Hewitt, Alec Sokolow and Joel Cohen over the last year to help insure that the Garfield attitude and humor permeate the entire project. "The movie is going to be classic Garfield," says Davis, "and it's FUNNY!".

CAST:
    Jon Arbuckle: Breckin Meyer (Clueless, Can't Hardly Wait, Road Trip) has been cast as Garfield's owner, Jon Arbuckle.

Liz: Jennifer Love Hewitt (The Tuxedo, Hearbreakers, I Know What You Did Last Summer, and the television series Party of Five) stars as Liz, Garfield's veterinarian and Jon's love interest.

Happy: Stephen Tobolowsky (Memento, Disney's The Country Bears, Adaptation, and most recently the TV Mini-Series Kingpin) joins the cast of the Garfield Movie as Happy.

CREW:
    Produced by: John Davis, Davis Entertainment. Among the 75 movies John has produced are: both Dr. Dolittle movies starring Eddie Murphy, Behind Enemy Lines, 29 Palms, The Chamber, Grumpy Old Men, Grumpier Old Men, Predator, Dudley Do-Right and Courage Under Fire.

Directed by: Peter Hewitt. The two latest American releases by this British director are The Borrowers starring John Goodman and Disney's Tom and Huck starring Jonathan Taylor Thomas.

Written by: Joel Cohen and Alec Sokolow, who were co-writers on TOY STORY.

Jim Davis has worked closely with John, Peter, Alec and Joel over the last year to help insure that the Garfield attitude and humor permeate the entire project. "The movie is going to be classic Garfield," says Davis, "and it's FUNNY!"

dunno.... about the cast... will it work?

Credits
    Lets hope it will not be like scooby poo...
    A mix like Monster inc would be cool...
    Lets wait for the first trailer...

Credits
    dunno.... about the cast... will it work?
    I think Breckin Mayer can do a good job as John, about Love-Hewitt I can't say, I'm not that familiar with Liz's character...the main question however is who is gonna be the voice of Garfield? Any rumours?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast