Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Cameron wants Alien sequel to be "Scary"

From ComingSoon.net
    ---------------------------

The Edmonton Sun talked to James Cameron who says he has high hopes of returning to the "Alien" franchise as long as he gets to make it truly scary.

The 1979 original Alien, directed by Ridley Scott, "holds a special classic niche as one of the great terrifying experiences," Cameron said. "And the trick (to making a new Alien film) is you don't go crazy and make a $150-million movie because you don't want to have to compromise, you don't want to try to do a PG-13 Alien that is all things to everyone."

An Alien flick, Cameron said, ought to put the psychology back into psychological horror.

"It's got to still maintain its roots in this kind of cinematic id. Ridley did it really beautifully. He just kind of put you into this Freudian nightmare space."
    Yep...he's still got his eye on it!
    --Dan

Credits

I hope its good

Is Ridley Directing, I heard that he was. He is one of my favorite directors.

"Black Mamba, I shoulda been motherfu*kin Black Mamba!" - Vernita Green

Credits

Re: I hope its good

Originally posted by TheBlackMamBa
    Is Ridley Directing, I heard that he was. He is one of my favorite directors.
    ast I heard they'd asked both Scott amnd Cameron to direct together. It was a serious news story bt I don't actually think that'd work.

Credits
    I watched the first two Alien films the other day. I realised how fleetingly you actually see the alien.

In this day and age with so much emphasise on special effects I don't think that even with the same director you'd get the same quality of movie.

Fear is in the unknown not seeing the Alien in multi=million dollar special effects.
    "Remember, you are not a salmon"

Credits
    Originally posted by Gnome
    I watched the first two Alien films the other day. I realised how fleetingly you actually see the alien.

In this day and age with so much emphasise on special effects I don't think that even with the same director you'd get the same quality of movie.

Fear is in the unknown not seeing the Alien in multi=million dollar special effects.
    I agree, the thing that made the creature so scary in the first film was that most of the time you only got to see it's teeth. In the later films the drool got less, and the creature started to get less effective as it started looking more humanoid in appearence. I still think the films could work again if Scott was to direct, because he understands the camera angles that made the first film so great. I prefered the second film but I feel doing another one in that style would be less effective to an audience that's virtually seen everything so I would like Scott to direct another film alone.

Credits
    Ridley Scott did it best. I don't know what it is... but he made it too good.

Credits
    WOW... amazing news.

Cameron directing another Aliens movie, and a scary one at that, is just about at the top of my wish list (after mad max 4). Not surprising, since Aliens is currently my #1 movie of all time.

Alien and Bladerunner were good movies (bladerunner was great), but I haven't liked anything Ridley Scott has done since. Gladiator... what a piece of $hit!!

Go Cameron -- a great way to put that Titanic experience behind him!

Credits
    Cameron wants Alien sequel to be "Scary"
    well thank god it wont be a musical...:big grin: :big grin: :big grin: ... these movies are "in" now and Alein the musical.....mmm will still be ok..lol

or Alien in sleek leather attire with Bullet time FX.. emmmmm

of course he wants it to be scarry and the fear of the unknown has always the best effect..sho as little as possible of the enemy and u will have a effective movie
    http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

Credits
    I did like Aliens because of the mad action and fighting. But Alien 3 was scarier, if not as much fun.

As for Ressurection, the concept was neat (if flawed), but it wasn't quite as good as the others.
    If you can stay calm, while all around you is chaos...then you probably haven't completely understood the seriousness of the situation.

Credits
    James Cameron has suggested that we haven’t seen the last of the Alien franchise and that he may yet be involved in a fifth instalment. At the London premiere of his Imax spectacular Ghosts in the Abyss, Cameron stated: “We're definitely looking at another Alien film but that wouldn't be something I'd be directing. I'm just going to be writing and producing that one." We shall see...
    The Spinning Image
    /!\ Certified Bandwidth Abuser || ([)(]) Dolby Digital me bitch! || Alicia Keys || Game Trailers || FaceBook user ||
    || All-time Favourite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica (2003+), Dead Like Me, FireFly, Invader ZIM, Space: Above & Beyond, Veronica Mars ||

[ -- Music Festival Whore! -- ]

Credits
    Originally posted by tisoy
    well thank god it wont be a musical...:big grin: :big grin: :big grin: ... these movies are "in" now and Alein the musical.....mmm will still be ok..lol
    lol i can picture that... Aliens singing and dancing... "Diamonds are a girl's best friend!"

i think Cameron is a great director. he did great w/ Aliens. i believe that he can put Aliens back in a "scary, entertaining without being totally weird" style
    "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."

Credits
    Originally posted by radstar
    lol i can picture that... Aliens singing and dancing... "Diamonds are a girl's best friend!"
    More like Ripley singing to the Aliens, "Come and get me boys" :big grin:

Or is it 'come and get me bi*ch!!!' :big grin: :big grin:

Whoever's doing the next installment please not Baz Luhrmann...

That, in a way, is waaaay too scary...

"The idea was to be a symbol. editman could be anybody, that was the point."

Trolls destroyed the Forum

my DVD/blu-ray List