Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Credits
    Originally posted by tisoy
    are movie posters sold in shops same as those used in theatres?
    Nearly same ...most movie posters got a little bit getter quality but it is on 80% the same like you can buy it...but with the autorization from the movie company

Credits
    well...the movie theater i work at never gives anything back to the studios. nothing. no trailers, no posters, no banners. nothing.
    usually the studio won't say anything about it, kind of like a perk of working in the industry, i guess. unless they see something on ebay before the movie comes out, they usually don't do or say anything...but even then it is kind of hard. i have sold a few banners and trailers on ebay and no one has ever said anything to me about it. i had heard that as long as you wait 5 weeks after the movie comes out, then it is ok. but that is just a rumor. (i sold the daredevil banners a month before the movie came out )

also, about the posters. no they are not the same. the movie posters in the theater are better and worht more as a collectible. due to the limited amount created. they are mostly double sided (though the matrix ones we have are not) so that the light shines through better and gives them that "glow"...posters in stores, however are not. they are one sided and usually on more durable stock since they shouls last longer than a month or two (which is the typical lifetime of the theater poster).... i prefer to have theater posters myself. currently i think i have over a hundred...

the X2 posters i had heard that were stolen were the ones that have the faces on them. the one i said looked stupid, i have not seen anywhere yet...and i hope i don't....yuk!
    "I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone …
    but they've always worked for me,"

Hunter S.Thompson

Credits
    lol i was gonna take a poster as well but......haha I guess I chickened out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12