Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

having trouble getting wmv trailer from yahoo...

Hi, I *searched* all the threads I could find about how to get .wmv trailers from yahoo movies, but i still am having problems. hopefully someone will be so kind as to help me out!

well, i followed editman's tutorial, and it seemed to be working fine. so i got the "buildlist.asp" file and using the link inside, I downloaded the "makeplaylist.dll" file, which I opened with notepad to get the following url:

mms://l8.bcst.yahoo.com/wm.broadcast.com/proot2/PubShare05/yahoomovies/2/3693719.wmv?StreamID=3693719&Segment=102789&b=298habsuvkkkm3ec7173c&ru=embedded%2Eyahoo%2Ecom&s=1808403981&CG_ID=1169325

i put this url in both asf recorder and hi-net recorder, but both times, i end up with a 1.2 mb file that is not the trailer. anyone see where i went wrong? any help would be great. thanks!!!

Last edited by impetigo; 05-18-2003 at 01:24 AM.

Credits

Re: having trouble getting wmv trailer from yahoo...

Have you got the link to the Yahoo! page of the trailer you wanna DL?

What's on that 1.2MB file? Is it watchable?

Need more information.

"The idea was to be a symbol. editman could be anybody, that was the point."

Trolls destroyed the Forum

my DVD/blu-ray List

Credits
    hey editman, thanks for replying. i just found out that i can only play back the file on hi-net recorder, not with WMP. but otherwise it seems to have worked like your tutorial said it would. Thanks for that tutorial btw, it's awesome.

Credits
    Originally posted by impetigo
    hey editman, thanks for replying. i just found out that i can only play back the file on hi-net recorder, not with WMP. but otherwise it seems to have worked like your tutorial said it would. Thanks for that tutorial btw, it's awesome.

Normally you should be able to view it in WMP. Dunno why it doesn't work in this case. That's why I asked which is the trailer in question and plan to do a test meself.

Well glad to see you find my tute resourceful. Now if I can get my act together and write that "Female Anatomy 101"...

Credits
    or you could write..

Hiding your identity: a editman story...

dude wheres those pictures from primary school!!! i want to do a bit of investigative reporting and expose you hehehee

[My Top 20 Movies@Ymdb] - ([)(]) Dolby Digital the choice of ML's - [~My Place ~]

{Drag The Sunrise Down: You know the light can hypnotise, so shut it out and close your eyes - Rooster}

Credits
    Originally posted by Stormwalker
    dude wheres those pictures from primary school!!! i want to do a bit of investigative reporting and expose you hehehee
    I told you: the guessing game is part of the unofficial celebration of the 2000th trailer on Movie-List. I have no intention of stealing JPB's spotlights. I won't post it until JPB starts his games.

So don't blame me. Blame JPB.