Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: the hulk - ost

Credits

Thumbs down the hulk - ost

i just listened to the hulk soundtrack by danny elfman. usually i like his scores, and this one isn't the worst that could happen, but somehow the faster and more agressive parts are too reminiscent of his work for planet of the apes. sometimes it sounded almost like a remix of that score, with all the bongos and sorta jungle feeling. especially "hulk's freedom" seems written for pota but not used and the last part of "... making me angry" sounds a lot like "rule the planet" from pota. got the same feeling on "captured". if you would put these tracks on the pota-ost nobody would recognize they're from another movie.
    haven't seen the movie yet and i don't plan on seeing the workprint from the net, maybe the score works great with the visuals, but without them it's boring in my opinion. not bad but it lacks something special or new to be good. my favorite score track would be "making me angry" but the best song on the soundtrack is the vocal track "set me free" by velvet revolver. cut together with the right scenes from the movie, this should be a great fast rock music video.
    overall i'd give it 3.5/10
    somebody told me you have a boyfriend who looks like a girldfriend that i had in february of last year the killers

Credits
    Hm I Liked the Music in Hulk but that is only my opinion i think we will like the score more when we see the movie
    Last edited by discostu; 06-19-2003 at 01:19 PM.