Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Credits

Smile Which Movie Character Reflects You

i was just wondering....if there was a movie which ne of u have come across and feel that the person in the role has very similar situations as you, or reacts to problems exactly like you would and so on...............
    so state who that character is...from what film....and why u think that character reflects a bit of u

Credits
    Hm Forrest Gump....as a kid i done the same thing like he when he steps into the school bus and i said also i am not allowed to ride with strangers...oh boy that was a innocent time

Credits
    Ariel from the Little Mermaid... she wuz my idol when i wuz a little girl. cuz she wuz soo different and she wished not to be different. she didn't feel like she belonged in her world. she grew up to be happy and got what she wanted. her father wuz always so protected of her.

i'm deaf since birth and i always hated myself. i always wished i wuz different and i had a bunch of imaginations. my parents were very supportive....

i still cry when i watch that movie. especially at the ending....
    "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."

Credits
    Originally posted by radstar
    i'm deaf since birth and i always hated myself. i always wished i wuz different and i had a bunch of imaginations.
    i reckon every1 goes thru a stage in their life , where we all want to be different people........ and dats what i love about movies....sumtyms they can potray characters that the mass audience will love...and sumhow connect a part of themselves wid that characters personality.....to get away from the real world for a bit, and forget about some of the worries we have....cuz lets face it....real world can be really really **** at times....(apart from the few good times)

and oh yeah..radstar...about u hating urself and wanting to change.............. i wouldnt want u to change....i like u da way u are...and im sure that goes for every1 here in movie-list...so hope that ur views have changed since u was a lil kid

Credits
    Originally posted by aS!Dz
    and oh yeah..radstar...about u hating urself and wanting to change.............. i wouldnt want u to change....i like u da way u are...and im sure that goes for every1 here in movie-list...so hope that ur views have changed since u was a lil kid
    awww... yah my views have changed. i don't hate myself anymore. BUT- it's still the biggest part of my life and i can't get rid of it. it keeps and kept me from a lot. and i really hate that. i do like the way i am now. but it just sucks. i spent half my life in the deaf world and the last half in the hearing world. now i don't know which one i belong to. all of my friends are not deaf and i don't know everything what's going on at all times. so it can be quite frustrating. but i have a very high self-esteem!!!! :big grin: :big grin: i love myself!!!!! (but just not my ears and sometimes my looks...) :angel"

Credits
    Originally posted by radstar
    all of my friends are not deaf and i don't know everything what's going on at all times. so it can be quite frustrating.

i can hear properly....but i still never kno whats fully going on :big grin:

btw if i could find a actor who potrays me quite a bit....is a character called Melvin Smiley (played by Mark Wahlberg) from The big hit....becuz i feel like i do a great job at many things but do always get brought down by alot of things people say....and people tell me that sumtyms i shudnt act soo kind...cuz i end up gettin walked over alot.......and so on.........

if there was a character i would WANT to be like from a movie..... at the moment O'connell comes to mind from Mummy and Mummy Returns....because he gets his fair share of action and funny guy and has a loving family

if there was a character i would want to be from a tv series.....at this moment is Jack Bauers from 24 (as a i told Carl on a msn messenger convo a few days ago) because he seems to have alot of control of what his doing...and is looked up to...and is a very cool character, and most of all....loves his family loads....(carl sed that i wouldnt want to be him...once the bullets start flying)....but hey...when ur as good at jack bauers.....u wouldnt have much problem in situations like that

(btw if u reply to this certain bit...please do not mention nething about "24" season 2 becuz i havent started season 2 yet)

My mind on this kinda subject changes alot tho....can feel like a different character on different days but all this is what came to mind now

Credits
    As the end of school fast approches...(Tomorrow is the official end.)

Ferris Bueller is someone I look up to and hope that people see a little of him in me

Credits
    I don't relate to Jack Bauer, but he's the coolest, most kickass character on tv, period. Ferris Bueller at times I relate to, but mostly Peter Parker. Not Spidey, just the geeky, awkward type. That pretty much defines me.
    Are you a Mexi-CAN or a Mexi-CAN'T?

Credits
    Norman Bate from Psycho. Mother I'm trying to type here. Okay mother. I'll get off.
    "We are men of action, lies do not become us."

Link to my top 20 movies

Credits
    Bond, James Bond
    "In case I don't see you--good afternoon, good evening and good night." -The Truman Show

Credits
    I'd like to say that James Bond, or Han Solo, or Superman reflected me, but I would have to say that the characters that most reflect me, IMO, would be Richard from the Beach and probably someone from Empire Records....?? Maybe.....or perhaps Hayden Christensen's character in Life as a house....
    Last edited by Dutch_Schafer; 06-25-2003 at 07:52 AM.

Credits
    I would like to say Donnie Darko,
    but I'm more likely like Adam Kesher,
    the director, from Mulholland Dr.
    But if you ask my friends, they would
    say that I was more like Dawson (from the ****ing Creek)

Credits
    Bitta James Bond in me, especially as my name is James

Maybe wolverine, I think I have the hair downpat, just need to pop some claws and lace my bones with adamantium, an easy task

I have the same humour type as Owen Wilson so I love his movies

To a certain degree I have the computer nerdyness thing goin on (doing a Comp Science degree and all) so myabe Neo

Then I have the soccer skills so maybe add a bit of.....cannot think of soccer star movie

So combine to Charm and Coolness of Bond, The Rugged Good looks and Beserker Rages of Wolverine, The humour of Owen Wilson as well as the greatness of Neo with the skills of a yet to be announced soccer star and you have me in all my glory

Credits
    Originally posted by blugh
    Peter Parker. Not Spidey, just the geeky, awkward type. That pretty much defines me.
    How could I forget?!

Credits
    Benjamin Braddock, "The Graduate".

Not to say I engage an affair with the mother of the girl I love... (I wish!) Just that the insecurity of this character haunts me for a lifetime...

Alas, some people will certainly make fun of it...

"The idea was to be a symbol. editman could be anybody, that was the point."

Trolls destroyed the Forum

my DVD/blu-ray List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast