personally i believe that yes! Anime are movies!! there no way different....just that they are hardly given the chance!
but i also believe that many Anime movies are overrated, if i wasnt surrounded wid all the hype...i think i woulda enjoyed em much much more.........i believe that acting of cartoons can b great aswell, for example look at all the facial expressions in Final Fantasy......absolutely wiked....and 1 manga that i totally love hasnt been seen by many....but i reccomend it to all of yah manga lovers, its a 3 part story called Cyber City OEDO, about 3 ex-convicts who are given the chance of freedom in return of doing all the dirty hard work the other cops wont touch! the character devolopment in this is absolutely great!, each part is an 1 and all 3 parts focus on all 3 characters sepretely.... really good...and so is the cinematography shots of it....all da right camera directions......well drawn from the perfect perspective

neways back to the subject, i definetly believe tht cartoons/anime/manga/cgi are all just different ways of potraying a movie, that need to be given a chance, and not be treated unfairly.........