Thanks Thanks:  24

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Credits

A Lynchian '90s Film About Small 1950s Midwestern Town With Kidnapping, Rape, Murder,

I've been searching for this film for nearly twenty years....

Likely made in the early 1990s. American film, color, well made. Category: drama. Very creepy, slow, and Lynchian.

Based in a small Midwestern town in the 1950s, perhaps Kansas or Oklahoma, post-Dust Bowl.

I can't remember a plot, but I think it was based around one family with an older son who is wanting to leave his hometown but feels bad about leaving his mother.

WHAT I DO REMEMBER:

There is a group of hoodlums (they look like '50s teenagers with white T-shirts, jeans, and slicked-back hair) who drive around town in a black(?) car, staring at the other townfolk, making them nervous. At one point, they get a young teenage girl to get in the car with them. She is never seen again. This disturbs the whole town.

A man (probably the girl's father, who also, I believe, owned the town's only gas station) pours gas on himself and lights himself on fire.

To sum it up: Very creepy, Lynchian, Midwestern, 1950s, hoodlums in a car kidnap a girl and kill her, man pours gasoline on himself and sets himself ablaze. Lynchian, very.

HELP!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Chandler View Post
    I've been searching for this film for nearly twenty years....

Likely made in the early 1990s. American film, color, well made. Category: drama. Very creepy, slow, and Lynchian.

Based in a small Midwestern town in the 1950s, perhaps Kansas or Oklahoma, post-Dust Bowl.

I can't remember a plot, but I think it was based around one family with an older son who is wanting to leave his hometown but feels bad about leaving his mother.

WHAT I DO REMEMBER:

There is a group of hoodlums (they look like '50s teenagers with white T-shirts, jeans, and slicked-back hair) who drive around town in a black(?) car, staring at the other townfolk, making them nervous. At one point, they get a young teenage girl to get in the car with them. She is never seen again. This disturbs the whole town.

A man (probably the girl's father, who also, I believe, owned the town's only gas station) pours gas on himself and lights himself on fire.

To sum it up: Very creepy, Lynchian, Midwestern, 1950s, hoodlums in a car kidnap a girl and kill her, man pours gasoline on himself and sets himself ablaze. Lynchian, very.

HELP!
    The film is called the Reflecting Skin.

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt0100469/