Thanks Thanks:  24

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    j7wild Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ltc73 View Post
    Can anyone help me?
    I'm looking for the name of a movie I saw years ago. I remember there was a murder (under a street light I think) and someone saw it and named the killer. However, when it went to court the defense lawyer showed that the eye-witness could not have seen who the killer was because he had poor vision, he proved this by dimming the lights in court and holding up a book at the back of the court, he the asked the witness to say what he was holding. When the witness could not say what the lawyer was holding the case was dropped and the suspected killer walked. I'm sure the suspect was the real killer and the lawyer made a mistake by getting him off.
    If anyone can help please let me know what it is. I have been trying to think of it for days and its driving me mad. I have used Google and other searches but I can't find an answer.

P.S I am sure it was made in the 80's or 90's
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bedroom_Window

There was an attack in the park that the girl (Huppert) saw from the bedroom window but she was having an affair with her husband's employee (Guttenberg) so instead he pretended to be the witness but he actually didn't see anything.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092627/

Quote Originally Posted by ltc73 View Post
    That's the one Feels like a weight off my mind thanks.
    He took the stand as a witness in place of his lover in the courtroom and the defense lawyer asked him he wore contacts and if he had them on when he saw the attack or did he hear the screaming outside, got out of bed and took time to put his contacts on first;

he said he didn't.

So the defense lawyer made him take his contacts off and look at the object (the book) he was holding up a few feet away.

He couldn't see that far without his contacts on to tell what the object was and his lover was sitting in the back of the courtroom making hand gestures in the form of a square trying to give him hints.

The girl that was attacked (Elizabeth McGovern) was also in the courtroom and she saw Guttenberg's lover doing the hand gestures and that's when she realized the truth about him and Huppert.
    Last edited by jacques1400; 10-25-2014 at 12:42 PM.