Thanks Thanks:  24

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Credits
    Hey all,

Trying to track down the name of a movie I watched a few years ago.

I missed the first 20 or so minutes of it so never caught its name.

Pretty well the plot is about a guy who goes back in time and inhabits the body of himself years ago, to stop his brother from going off to the war (as he knows that in the future he gets killed while at war) and to warn his dad about a life threatening illness he has that eventually kills him.

He has a hard time proving to his family in the past that he hasn't gone completely crazy. He plays a hit song by someone (for the life of me I can't remember who it was by) to his sister, and then she starts crying when she asks when he made up the song, to which he tells her he heard it in the future.

Does anyone have any idea what this film could be?

Credits
    I have been searching for this film for years with no luck. I think it was made around the early 90’s and is set in the 1920’s.
    From what I can remember it is set in the time around the wall street crash. The film charts the rise of a young financial investor and his mission to take down the ‘king of the market’, who is a much older man who looks a bit like the character ‘Goldfinger’ from the 007 movies. The lead character is dark haired and I think he has a moustache. After beating his rival by shorting his stock he removes all his shares and investments just before the crash, thereby beating the market.
    A memorable scene is a stockbroker trying to sell his car in the street outside the bank, and his banker begging him for a 5 million dollar loan to stop him from going broke, which isn’t provided.
    I think there is also a scene where you see a ruined investor zoom past the window.
    I think the film ends with the lead character boarding his yacht to sail off into the sunset, but he is shot whilst boarding.
    I think the title has something to do with wood, driftwood or the beach or coast, but I can’t be sure.