This is my last resort, so i am hoping that this forum can help me find this movie. It was 2006 or before i was flipping through channels and it was on one of the movie channels. I so wished i looked at the name of the movie.
The movie is about a wannabe writer who went through a bad breakup and he is still living with his parents. His parents begin to think he is a gay because he is hanging around his best friend alot. But not known to the main character the best friend is sleeping with his ex girlfriend whom the main character is attached too. He meets a girl at a book store i think and falls for her, she looks through his notebook and finds a poem he has written and reads it in front of a crowd. the crowd loves it, but he is angry she did read it for everyone. that is where i left off, if anyone can help me id be eternally grateful. thank you All in advance for the replies

EDIT: the main character still lives at home, in a scene his best friend buys him a new mattress and his mother misses half of the conversation and it sounds like they are in a relationship.