Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

My thoughts on Freddy vs. Jason

If there's another thread about this movie. Then it will be merged. I"m too lazy to look anything up right now. I'm soooo tired!

(may be spoilers but not revealing the ending)

Anyways, I saw Freddy vs. Jason tonite finally. Hmmm.... it wuz okay. It wuzn't as scary as I thought. It wuz just stupid and gross. A lot of blood too! Very bloody movie. I wouldn't see it again and I wouldn't buy it on DVD. I guess it turns out to be a good thing that I'd never seen any Freddy's and Jason's movies. Be prepared for lots of gore and disturbing scenes.

I give it a .5/5
    "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."

Credits
    Oh you scared me, I thought you actually gave it a 5/5 until i saw the decimal... :big grin:
    "In case I don't see you--good afternoon, good evening and good night." -The Truman Show

Credits
    Originally posted by chizzace
    Oh you scared me, I thought you actually gave it a 5/5 until i saw the decimal... :big grin:
    yeah me too i thought the same thing...
    well i wait till it comes out on my pc :big grin: :big grin:

Credits
    Talk about reviving an old thread!

Just posting because I saw FVJ last night and I totaly agree with you Radstar. It is silly and overly bloody. It lacked everything a movie needs, story, sense, acting and an ending that makes sense!

The only things I really enjoyed were the guy being folded in half. (The rest of the kills were boring), and the scenes with the Ginger Snaps star who stole my heart Katherine Isabelle.

And also I find it hard to enjoy a movie where kids are brtually slaughtered. It depresses and disturbs me. I don't like watching teens getting hacked up (which contributes to my dislikeing this film)

All up its a 1\5
    "They took the sky, but we're still flyin..."

Movieman's DVDanswers.com Review Page

Credits
    And to think no one on the IMDb F vs. J board knew Katherine was in the movie...

Credits
    Why don't people get it?? This movie is basically a PARODY, a SATIRE of all the other Freddy and Jason movies and the entire genre. The stupid killing situations, the bad acting, the terrible plot, all part of it guys! (Just think about it, Freddy is throwing Jason around the room and you're hearing pinball machine noises!! Now THAT was hilarious!) For another example of the bad acting think Starship Troopers... and Monica Keena is giving one of the best (intentionally) BAD performances ever! And there's some high class gore as well... this movie has tongue planted firmly in cheek. I had a GREAT time and I'm giving it 4/5 as a horror/comedy.
    Last edited by Shrubz; 10-01-2003 at 05:11 AM.

ZUBi is offline Valued Longtime Member (1971-2006)
    Credits

Lightbulb

not seen movie yet (WILL FOR SURE!), but I must agree with Mark (this time)

p.s. jep, I've seen all Freddy & Jason movies so far (plenty of them).

Bush, Bin Laden, Hussein, Castro: SAME $HIT

Credits
    Oh...I totaly forgot. Another scene that cracked me up was when Freddy sticks his knife-fingers up Kelly Rowlands nose and says "Got your nose!" and then pulls it off. That was funny.

You make good points (about it being a parody and all) but the plot still did not make sense, everything just happened without any explaination (even in parodies that is unacceptable)

Credits
    Originally posted by Movieman
    You make good points (about it being a parody and all) but the plot still did not make sense, everything just happened without any explaination (even in parodies that is unacceptable)
    Oh it's simple really. Freddy Vs Jason means Freddy Vs Jason, and since there's no sane way to have them in the same story it was decided, what the hell Freddy Vs Jason must be enough. No need to hire writers, they had a title, and that title was also the plot.

Though maybe I'm mistaken, I haven't seen the film. I admit that it could possibly be that the writers found some genious way that Freddy and Jason could exist in the same universe and then used it. As it stands I have not seen the film, nor will I ever pay to see the film because it's one crossover destined to be a mess. A bit Like Aliens Vs Predator Vs Terminator all in one comic really. Gaumont saved me a lot of money sending me that story, thanks mate.

I'll just wait for Aliens Vs Predator, a crossover proven to make perfect sense.

Credits
    seems like more of a comedy....had good expectations....saw the box office and was happy for it...read some good reviews...but now i hear u guys saying it's rather comical than scary although gory...i'm a bit disappointed. I was hoping for some serious gore horror...oh well. Will still see it. Horror fan here...lol