Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Credits

What is the most memorable movie you've seen?

By this i don't mean a good movie or anything, i mean the situation you were watching the movie in...
    Okay, like Pure Country: it's the movie i wanted to watch with my first boyfriend on my first valentine every
    Zoolander:... way to personal but it was the first time i was laying beside somebody i kinda loved, and since we didn't want to admit it we ordered and watched that movie
    K-19: i was stuck in a summer camp in a pretty horrible situation, and was in serious need of crying... i cried so crazy on that movie....
    Natural Born Killer: i was shocked for almost an hour, wrote a pretty bloody story the next day.
    Raider of the lost arc; the first movie i watched with the last person, hopefully, i love.
    I can keep on going but i just think it's cool, the ideas and how they become important and how you start to like or dislike them because of where you are not what the movie is.

Credits
    From dusk till dawn: it was my first date with my girlfriend and I have no idea that is Rodriges-Tarantino movie;I think that it was romantic comedy;
    Heavy Metal - first time I discover sex in cartoons
    Passion: my first left out movie (my fiance get sick, but not because the movie (that's right Lafce) but she has really bad day -- same as the person in the movie )

Credits
    Lost in Space: just met this guy (Jedi Taz) and we talked about doing something together. i called him up on a friday night just to say hello. but then we both decided to see a late movie. it was our first date.
    Deep Impact: i held hands for the first time with jedi taz. after the movie- he asked me to be his girlfriend.
    Armageddon: the first time i cried in front of jedi taz.
    Blair Witch Project: the only movie i ever walked out on. kinda had to cuz i had really bad motion sickness.
    Batman: i remember loving it so much when i wuz a little girl that i begged my parents to see it again.
    Night at the Roxbury: jedi taz and i were the only people in the theatre. we fooled around A LOT!
    Mummy Returns: the first time i watched The Rock on big screen. i almost melted in my seat.

there are more.. but can't think of any right now
    "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."

Credits
    How come I go to the cinema so often yet I don't have any memorable moments. Bah!

Credits
    Star Wars: Return of the Jedi. My first experience with 3D effects (like 3D glasses, not 3D graphics, although we weren't wearing glasses at the time).

I saw it at an old small-town movie theater. On this particular night, there was only one movie projector working, so at the end of every reel, there was a 5 minute period where the screen went dark so they could rewind the reel and put in the new one.

I remember it cut off once when they were on Endor and Luke and Leia had just taken off on the speeder bike after the storm trooper, leaving Han behind. Everything then went blank.

5 minutes later, with no warning other than a brief little pop from the sound system, the movie started up.... with the stormtrooper's speeder bike heading straight for the camera at high speed. It felt like he was coming straight through the screen at us. Everyone in the theater screamed.

I also remember watching Naked Gun 33 1/3 in another small town theater. A bat was in the theater and kept flying between the projector and the screen, often putting a big bat shadow on the screen.
    Last edited by corfy; 05-10-2004 at 05:12 PM.
    Corfy
    Laugh at life or life will laugh at you.
    Website | DVD Collection

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by I Got Trailers
    How come I go to the cinema so often yet I don't have any memorable moments. Bah!
    Come on though think about it there should be something... anything you associate with the movie...

Homeless kids (i don't know the actual title, it was a translation, and up to this day i haven't found it yet.) But watching the movie the teathre got so packed that people were sitting on the floor up to the screen! they took the whole school to go see it... it was amazing, amazing how we all came out crying.

Credits
    Cos you are not treating The Cinema seriously enough, BAH!

Ghostbusters 2: first movie I went to see with my kid brother.
    Ghost: The first movie I've ever seen with my first GF.
    Falling Down: The first movie I've even seen in this town.
    Adams Family Values: The first movie (I think) I went to see with my second and last GF.
    Jerry Maguire:The first movie I went to see with a girl that doesn't have a relationship with me.
    Kundun: First movie I went to see with a chick at uni I had a crush on.
    Eyes Wide Shut: Second movie I went to see with a chick at uni I had a crush on.
    American Psycho: Last movie I went to see with a chick at uni I had a crush on.
    Die Another Day: First movie I went to see with the girl at work I had a crush on.

and

Garfield the Movie: the film I was supposed to see with the girl at work I had a crush on, but it's all freakin' over now. I NOW VOW TO MYSELF I SHALL NEVER FALL IN LOVE IN THE REAL WORLD EVER AGAIN!

Not to mention, double dips (movies I actually saw it twice in cinemas):
    Batman
    Ghostbuster 2
    Vertigo
    Last edited by editman; 05-11-2004 at 05:40 AM.

"The idea was to be a symbol. editman could be anybody, that was the point."

Trolls destroyed the Forum

my DVD/blu-ray List

Credits
    All right then...
    LOTR: The audiotorium was full.
    Osmosis Jones: The audiotorium was empty.

Credits
    forgot:

Mod Squad- bad thunderstorm cut off the power of the whole theatre. i wuz sitting in blackout with my best friend making scary noise. it only lasted 10 minutes.. then the movie started where it left off.

Credits
    All right then...
    LOTR: The audiotorium was full.
    Osmosis Jones: The audiotorium was empty.
    Totally empty?! Wow... see that's a great as much i wish for that to happen to me there is alway somebody somewhere... I remember i went to a movie once (shame on me i don't remember the movie's name) with my friend and we thought there is nobody it's just us so we watch the whole movie, experience our personal lives, the minute the lights were back on there was a guy sitting two row behind us, smiling like crazy...

Credits
    Went to see The Good, the Bad & the Ugly for the first time with my friend. The print was very old and the movie was paused for four times. There was a three second delay with voice and the print shaked a lot. Also everytime they changed a reel, the movie was cut for five seconds. Movie was still excelent.

Credits
    i still cry everytime i watch Braveheart
    http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRising
    Totally empty?! Wow... see that's a great as much i wish for that to happen to me there is alway somebody somewhere...
    Last time such thing happened to me was when I went to see Blair Witch 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Stoney
    Went to see The Good, the Bad & the Ugly for the first time with my friend. The print was very old and the movie was paused for four times. There was a three second delay with voice and the print shaked a lot. Also everytime they changed a reel, the movie was cut for five seconds. Movie was still excelent.
    So what's so memorable about this viewing experience?

(Why do I have a feeling that your post belongs to this thread, Jack? )
    Last edited by editman; 05-12-2004 at 07:13 PM.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by editman

So what's so memorable about this viewing experience?

(Why do I have a feeling that your post belongs to this thread, Jack? )
    It felt so real and historical.. Everything sucked, but then again didn't.

Credits
    Fight Club- by FAR most important movie in my life, changed my life entirely, I can't really put it into words

Jurassic Park- my favorite movie when I was younger, I was one of those little freaks who liked dinos

Miracle - first movie I took a date to where I actually watched the movie, hehe, thank god that relationship was short...I hope she's not reading this

Finding Nemo - went with my little brother and finally ralized how there are so many jokes in these kids movies that no kid could possibly get,

LoTR Two Towers- made me understand why camera operators don't get paid a lot, turn the volume down you moron!

Tears of the Sun- showed me that noone cares about Africa even if Bruce Willis is there

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast