Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Credits

"Kill Bill" Volume 1 question.

I was thinking earlier whilst watching the trailer for Kill Bill so I thought I'd ask some of you whom I'm sure have seen it.

I was wondering, is everything that features in the more recent trailers actually part of volume 1? Is there anything that doesn't feature?

And whilst I'm here, is it true what people are saying? Is this the most violent and gory movie ever made?
    "They took the sky, but we're still flyin..."

Movieman's DVDanswers.com Review Page

ZUBi is offline Valued Longtime Member (1971-2006)
    Credits

Lightbulb Re: "Kill Bill" Volume 1 question.

Originally posted by Movieman
    And whilst I'm here, is it true what people are saying? Is this the most violent and gory movie ever made?
    NO, NOT AT ALL (!).

Bush, Bin Laden, Hussein, Castro: SAME $HIT

Credits
    What ZUBi said

Credits

Re: "Kill Bill" Volume 1 question.

unless your graduating from disney

Credits
    Didn't think so.

What about the first question. Is all that features in the more recent trailers actualy apear in the film. (more particularly, that battle where she is in the yellow suit and battles Lucy Lius people in the masks and the school girl with the ball!) That looks awesome!

Credits
    Didn't think so.

What about the first question. Is all that features in the more recent trailers actualy apear in the film. (more particularly, that battle where she is in the yellow suit and battles Lucy Lius people in the masks and the school girl with the ball!) That looks awesome!
    Well, if I remember correctly, Bill, the big bad man doesn't show up at all in Volume 1. Also, the scene where the japanese guy jumps on Uma's sword in midair isn't in Volume 1. The scene where she battles Lucy Liu's people in the yellow jumpsuit is all there in Volume 1. You're gonna have to go check it out for yourself. It's a must see and definitely not the most gory and violent movie ever made. All I can say right now is that I am really looking forward to Volume 2.
    "In case I don't see you--good afternoon, good evening and good night." -The Truman Show

Credits
    Originally posted by chizzace
    Also, the scene where the japanese guy jumps on Uma's sword in midair isn't in Volume 1.
    That's not a Japanese guy, he's Pei Mei, a Chinese kung-fu master/master swordsman or something. The Bride's probably going to see him to master her skills before taking on Budd and/or Elle.

"The idea was to be a symbol. editman could be anybody, that was the point."

Trolls destroyed the Forum

my DVD/blu-ray List

Credits
    i have a question.. i heard a rumour that parts of the movie are black and white.. and sure enough when i saw it they were... then i heard that in china and japan these scenes are in colour because according to tarantino US and Europe audinces wouldn't be able to handle the violence... is this true or fiction!?

[My Top 20 Movies@Ymdb] - ([)(]) Dolby Digital the choice of ML's - [~My Place ~]

{Drag The Sunrise Down: You know the light can hypnotise, so shut it out and close your eyes - Rooster}

Credits
    Originally posted by Stormwalker
    i have a question.. i heard a rumour that parts of the movie are black and white.. and sure enough when i saw it they were... then i heard that in china and japan these scenes are in colour because according to tarantino US and Europe audinces wouldn't be able to handle the violence... is this true or fiction!?
    This is indeed true... they changed it to black and white to avoid an NC-17 rating (or so I hear...) which would seriously harm its box office income... I think it's odd that they partially established Kill Bill's rating based on how much blood it shows... blood is just... blood....

Credits
    but are they in colour in china or japan?? cause if they are .. TARANTINO OWES ME MONEY

Credits
    i read at imdb.com that her plane ticket has the brides name on it.. so if anyone happens to go and see kill bill pay special attention and see if you can spot it.. (then post it here in spoiler tags) hehee

update: http://www.film-411.com/messages/7349.shtml

the website in the spoiler link goes to a forum with the brides name
    Last edited by Stormwalker; 10-28-2003 at 05:28 AM.

Credits
    but are they in colour in china or japan?? cause if they are .. TARANTINO OWES ME MONEY
    Yes. Japan gets all the black & white scenes in colour due to the fact the western world can not handle the colour red just like chizzace said so.

Personaly... i didn't like it was changed to black & white. Whats the point really? Really makes the scene look bad and "out of life"
    /!\ Certified Bandwidth Abuser || ([)(]) Dolby Digital me bitch! || Alicia Keys || Game Trailers || FaceBook user ||
    || All-time Favourite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica (2003+), Dead Like Me, FireFly, Invader ZIM, Space: Above & Beyond, Veronica Mars ||

[ -- Music Festival Whore! -- ]

Credits
    i read at imdb.com that her plane ticket has the brides name on it.. so if anyone happens to go and see kill bill pay special attention and see if you can spot it.. (then post it here in spoiler tags) hehee

update: http://www.film-411.com/messages/7349.shtml

the website in the spoiler link goes to a forum with the brides name
    That would explain why Bill calls her Kiddo in the opening scene. Anyone would just think Kiddo as in calling her a kid. Clever!

Credits
    I am deaf and I can read lips quite well and when her name was being bleeped out, i actually read Vivica's lips and I knew that she was saying that the bride's name was Beatrice before I even looked at the site that Stormwalker provides...

Credits
    Originally posted by Kn'thrak
    Personaly... i didn't like it was changed to black & white. Whats the point really? Really makes the scene look bad and "out of life"
    Not to mention a corny Kurosawa-Speilberg homage.

(If you don't know what I mean read the spoiler below

In at least two shots during the black-and-white bloodbath sequence, you can see red bloodspots 'splattered' on the screen. The 'red in black-and-white' technique was first used (as far as I know) in Kurosawa's 'High And Low', but more famously in Spielberg's 'Schindler's List'.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast