Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Banderas on Zorro 2 and Sherk 2

http://www.latinoreview.com/films_20...interview.html

LR: What was it like see “And Starring Pancho Villa as Himself” in front of an audience at the premiere?

Antonio: It was great, I was surprised because I had a videotape that HBO sent me and I saw it and liked it, but when I saw in the big screen I realized the tremendous scope of the movie. I mean this is a movie that down in Hollywood it would’ve cost 120 million dollars, probably more. And we did the whole thing for 20 million dollars and it looks big. I’m very satisfied with that work in Pancho Villa, very very satisfied.

LR: You spoke earlier about Zorro 2, what’s the plot to the sequel?

Antonio: That’s [Zorro] another landmark actually in my career, and to work with Steven Spielberg is not that bad. [Laughs] I had a great time when I shot the first one. Steven Spielberg came to the theater [Antonio is in a Broadway play called NINE] like several weeks ago and said to me “We want to do a different approach to Zorro this time, we want to make more of an adult movie, and we are going to talk about more of the human stuff, there’s going to be a big issue with General in the second part, and more of the relationship between you and your wife” and of course there’s going to be stunts and all that stuff but they are going to make the film a little bit more deeper than the first one was, and I thought that was an interesting approach instead of going for the popcorn straight forward, they wanted to something a little more complex than that. I thought that was interesting too.

LR: When are you going to start filming and where?

Antonio: If everything goes as planed we will begin filming at the end of March beginning of April. We will probably start shooting in San Miguel De Allende, Mexico. [Laughs] I practically live there now, going back and forth from the states to San Miguel all the time. [Antonio filmed Once Upon A Time in Mexico, Pancho Villa in San Miguel]

LR: Are you done with Shrek 2?

Antonio: You never stop because the process of making a movie like that is so weird. They call you, you do some scenes, and they try the scenes with first drawings. Monday I did like my 3rd session, it’s very interesting because they put cameras on you so they can just copy your expressions and they put it on the cartoon later. It’s a very interesting process how they do that and they brought some of the material there and we just cracked up [Laughs] it was unbelievable. Character [Puss-in-Boots] is very very [does Spaniard imitation] Spanish guy, beautiful cat and the story is fantastic. And they are going to present the second one in Cannes Film Festival in 2004. It’s just a cool story actually.
    http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

Credits
    Go Zorro, Zorro 1 rocked, I look forward to a new one.

Credits
    the first one wuz perfect!! there wuz nothing wrong w/ it. it wuz a great movie.

gosh, i really hope this will turn out good and not be another of those "1st good 2nd bad" but heck yah i'm there opening day!!!! :big grin:
    "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."

Credits
    Originally posted by radstar

gosh, i really hope this will turn out good and not be another of those "1st good 2nd bad" but heck yah i'm there opening day!!!! :big grin:
    YOu mean 99% of sequels?

Looking forward to 2 the first one was REALLY good except for the fact that Catherine Zeta Jones wasn't seen nude - DAMN!

Credits
    update

http://www.latinoreview.com/

According to Variety, Antonio Banderas and Catherine Zeta-Jones are planning to reprise their roles in a sequel to "The Mask of Zorro." Sony Pictues is eyeing a spring 2004 start, with Martin Campbell returning as director. Anthony Hopkins also is considered likely for an encore.

The studio is moving toward a production start after getting a strong script from Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman, exec producers of the TV drama "Alias." Zeta-Jones is coming off "Intolerable Cruelty," and Banderas just starred in the Broadway revival of musical "Nine." Campbell, whose pic "Beyond Borders" just saw release, has been developing a sequel to the 1998 film for several years.

Credits
    I too liked the first Zorro. The second one sounds like fun.
    If you can stay calm, while all around you is chaos...then you probably haven't completely understood the seriousness of the situation.

Credits
    WHOA WHOA WHOA

Did I miss the part when Anthony Hopkins DIES?! <from the original

how is he in the sequel...unless...it's THE GHOST OF ZORRO!

ha! chico I CUT YOU!

get this the only proper use of this emoticon!