Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Credits

Unhappy Why is Harrison Ford behaving like a jackass?

Hello!

I'd just like to say isn't kind of sad that you now see Harrison Ford in crummy bars hanging around with 20-something girls like an embarrassed dad?

I knew something was up when he announced his divorce and started wearing sunglasses and earrings! Even though Speilberg and Lucas persist in saying Indy 4 IS going ahead, I think I could care less now...

Just because he broke up with Ally Mcbeal, doesn't bean he has to start heavy drinking! What next? Karaoke in bars, falling out drunk in the street, brawling..?

You can tell this has happened to quite a few of the 'mature' actors in Hollywood:

Bruce Willis breaking up with Demi - a bad move, as now you've admitted you always loved her and she going out with a guy who could be your nephew! P.S. You haven't starred in anything decent since 2000's Unbreakable, so you better hurry up with Die Hard 4

Tommy Lee Jones - starring in some dismal 'thrillers' recently, ALL playing on the FBI tracker role from 1993's The Fugitive, he had a PONYTAIL (!) for a few months, maybe an earring. Why?

Robert De Niro - If I was him, I'd quit acting rather than squander my talent in dismal comedies, but I hope he recovers from cancer and goes back to working with Scorsese (right spelling?)

What do you think?

Credits
    I didn't know Harrison Ford broke up w/ Ally McBeal... but yah I could care less. It's so dumb.

I think Harrison Ford looks sexy for an old man. He's just trying to stay young. It's just a phase. Things get old in your life. He'll be back to normal in no time.

Bruce Willis- what have I seen him in lately?? Well Tears of the Sun wuz a great movie. Maybe he's not a war soldier type. But he's great in action and comedy. The movie, The Whole 10 Yards, is coming out soon and since I loved the first one, I definitely think this will be even funnier. But yah- Charlies Angel II wuz dumb for him. I guess it's a favor thing from Demi... we'll never know.

Tommy Lee Jones- he's a great actor! I think this FBI roles and thrillers is some good types for him! I remember thinking just how cool he wuz in The Fugitive. He's the coolest actor out there. Just that look on his face. He had a pony tail and earrings???? I never once in my life heard of that. It can't be true. If it is, then he must be pals w/ Harrison Ford..

Robert De Niro- He has done enough of classics, actions. I think he is so much better at comedy. He wuz good in the godfather part two, the fan, taxi driver, and some others. (i know there aren't many of them) But you know, I actually only own his comedy movies! He's FUNNY!!! "You.... You're Good You"

The only person I think is dumb is Arnold Schwarzeneggar... must I explain why?
    "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."

Credits
    Hm Please Explaine...i like Arnie :-) and i think that he is not dumb....

Credits

Talking Yeah baby, NOW here's a true rebel!

Check it out.......

http://www.acetj.com/scrapbook/harrisonford.htm

Oh boy...... A rebel WITH glasses..calm down Harrison, you'll do your back in!

Credits
    well frankly actors can do anything they want with their private lives, its theirs and its non of my business !!!!

i mean why should we care if they are saints or jacka'sses ?

i only care is how they perform in their movies...
    http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

Credits
    100% with Tisoy

Credits
    100 % with Tisoy
    100 % with Jedi Master

-------------------------------------

200 % with Movie Listers ?!

Credits
    Originally posted by radstar
    The only person I think is dumb is Arnold Schwarzeneggar... must I explain why?
    because he's not The Rock.

I too think Arnie is dumb though, but for very different reasons. He's had a few classics such as Predator, the first 2 Termanators and True Lies, but most of his films have been the same tedious crap, and he hasn't had a really good film since True Lies.

Credits
    Arnie's dumb number 3:
    "I believe a gay marriage is the relationship of a man and a woman."
    Need I say more...

Credits
    what actors do when not on screen or in my DVD player realy dosent matter to me.... Ford can drink and date who the hell he whants.... what matters to me is that he dos his job...

Fed7haS
    She's just too pretty for Hollywood. I don't know, put her in a glass box and display her at the Metropolitan Museum of Art or something. - Jake on the topic of Scarlett Johansson.

Credits
    Originally posted by discostu
    100 % with Tisoy
    100 % with Jedi Master

-------------------------------------

200 % with Movie Listers ?!
    hehehe

Credits
    Well, if I was 60 and I could pick up young women, I'd go for it...
    Are you a Mexi-CAN or a Mexi-CAN'T?

Credits
    Originally posted by blugh
    Well, if I was 60 and I could pick up young women, I'd go for it...
    What's money and fame good for if not for that?

anyway, I agree that we shouldn't really care, it's their problem, celebrities are not the people we see on the screen, after all, Tyler Durden and Brad Pitt have nothing in common.

Anyway, I think both Bruce Willis and Robert DeNiro are exellent actors who have made many of my favorite movies, I don't really care what they do as long as they make more

Credits

Lightbulb So OK, you all believe in stars private lives....but....

Their personal lives seem to be the only interesting thing about them as most of their current movies are crap!

I've got a list of movies from the website Launching Films (link - http://www.launchingfilms.com/cgi-bi...ate&show=print from http://www.launchingfilms.com) which shows the complete UK release dates for ALL movies this year and even 2005, but there's usually only ONE movie a month I wanna see, because I'm not interested in the latest airhead high school romance movie or badly scripted and animated cartoon or standard Hollywood thriller. (next month - maybe Kill Bill 2...)

I wanna see more films with some meat in them! Real performances! Maybe some of that '70s passion in the filmaking again! (and more car chases, shootouts and explosions will always help ) I wanna see Bruce Willis, Harrison Ford, Pacino, De Niro, Tommy Lee Jones and Gene Hackman among others back to their best, but I FEEL there's nothing out there (in terms of scripts, concepts and characters) for them
    Last edited by water49; 01-20-2004 at 01:51 PM.

Credits

Re: So OK, you all believe in stars private lives....but....

Originally posted by water49
    I wanna see Bruce Willis, Harrison Ford, Pacino, De Niro, Tommy Lee Jones and Gene Hackman among others back to their best, but I FEEL there's nothing out there (in terms of scripts, concepts and characters) for them
    movie actors have shelf life, when they get old, over used, expired, boring...... they just fade away... thats the business of show business...

in a way i like that system they have, i would prefer to have new faces in movies, new actors, new talent, rather than having the same OLD actors in all movies.........

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast