Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Review - The Passion of the Christ

This is a difficult movie to sit through. Even if you're not much for the spritual aspect of the story, the movie gives a greater appreciation of the story.

James Cavizel gives an amazing performance. Every nuance, every look, every inflection of his voice, makes his role the one he was born to play. I'm sure he'll get a best actor nomination for it.

An issue with the movie is that folks entirely new to the story may get lost. There is a lot of flashback to fill people in on the important parts, but it may have been to cursory for newcomers to understand.

Touching on the anti-semitism concerns, I do not believe they were valid. I came away believing (in the context of the film) a specific tribal group was responsible for the crucifixtion.

The scenes dealing with the role of evil in the story were very strange, and I believe took away from the heavy-duty emotional impact of the story.

I give it a B+
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    P.S. Let's not turn this thread into a religious debate. I ask folks to try and restrict comments to quality of the movie. Thanks
    Our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us. - Matthew Mcconaughey - Interstellar

Credits
    it's kinda like that scene in fight club where they go out to start a fight with someone only to get the crap kicke dout of them on purpose.

two hours of that

Credits
    Granite i thought the same except for the scenes of evil being strange. i believe that it was a very good aspect to show. the devil tempting Jesus to save himself.
    in my personal opinion this was one of the best movies i have ever seen. but everyones got there own opinions

ZUBi is offline Valued Longtime Member (1971-2006)
    Credits
    found this on Inet/mIRC:
    movie Passion of the Christ has claimed its first victim, a woman in Kansas died of a heart attack during Jesus' crucifixion...I guess she didn't expect that ending.

Bush, Bin Laden, Hussein, Castro: SAME $HIT

Credits
    Originally posted by aragorn121
    the devil tempting Jesus to save himself.
    Not an original idea : already been done BIG TIME in "The Last Temptation of Christ" 16 years ago.

"The idea was to be a symbol. editman could be anybody, that was the point."

Trolls destroyed the Forum

my DVD/blu-ray List

Credits
    HOLY ****!!!!!

THAT QUOTE FROM Inet/mIRC is MINE!!!!

WORD FOR WORD

SEE THIS THREAD IN THE MOVIE-RELATED FORUM

MY SENTENCE WAS
    btw, it has claimed its first victim, a woman in Kansas died of a heart attack during Jesus' crucifixion...I guess she didn't expect that ending
    THIS IS JUST FRIGGIN WEIRD, I'M GETTING SCARED HERE, THIS IS LIKE THE WHOLE EXORCIST, POLTERGEIST, AND SO ON THING, HOPEFULLY NOONE STARTS DYING SOON, THE APOCALYPSE IS COMING, SAVE YOURSELF WHILE YOU STILL CAN, GANDHI AND SHIVA FAILED ME, JESUS IS THE WAY TO GO,

THE PASSION OF CHRIST
    THE POPE GIVES IT "TWO THUMBS UP, THE BEST MOVIE I'VE EVER SEEN"

GOD: I'M SORRY GOD, I DIDN'T MEAN THAT
    SATAN: DON'T WORRY, I'M STILL YOUR SERVANT
    SPAWN: EVERYONE KNOWS YOU'RE THE ONLY CLEAR CHOICE
    MAGNETO: THE OTHER THREE ARE SCHEMING AGAINST YOU, KILL THEM NOW
    : I'M STILL ON YOUR SIDE

THIS IS SUCH SPAM, SORRY GUYS

Credits
    In my opinion, this is the best movie that opened this year, by far...I think giving negative reviews for the movie because of it's violence, represents the reviewer's failure to understand the true meaning, or message of this movie...If you haven't seen it, you should go see it...it really is worth the time.
    Cheers
    POSTED BY :

-=Da TrAilAh HuNtAh=-

Credits
    I thought everything was really well done. But I didn`t walk away with any..."this was the part he was meant to play" schmaltz. The sounds, the visuals, everything was well produced. The language was amazing. But IMHO the aire surrounding this film was more hype than anything. Mostly because a certain area of the public sector has a guilt complex a mile high.
    I hope Mel brings out a Spec. Ed. DVD so we can see the whole movie, maybe my thoughts will change. hehhhe But so far this is much ado about nothing. Good show yes. Great? Possibly, but I wanna see the DVD release 1st cause the theatre release felt way to short. Good acting? The acting was great. Not mind blowing, but believeable.

But then I don`t let the subject matter sway my oppinion.

Credits
    I liked it I guess....still unsure of what to think...but I think it was good all in all...just had some historical problems. I dunno.
    "It's chili inside, it's chili outside...it's a regular effin chili fest..."