Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Need Help-Finding Movies to watch

Okay, here is the situation. I am 24 and have always been in love with movies but kinda started watching movies for the last year and a half, and since i am not that patient, I want to watch as many movies as possible. Can anybody help me giving me direction how to start watching movies, not just for the sheer joy but also for appreciation, and understanding the film movement! So far, my favorite directors are David Lynch, Tom Tykwer, Frank Darabont, Darren Aronofsky, and Kirshlovsly...
    Need help, and need disgustion. :big grin:

ZUBi is offline Valued Longtime Member (1971-2006)
    Credits

Question

Quote Originally Posted by JustRising
    Can anybody help me giving me direction how to start watching movies
    how do U mean by that: on your computer?

p.s. your computer details & your Internet connection is?

Bush, Bin Laden, Hussein, Castro: SAME $HIT

Credits
    Watch Flicks like "Fight Club", Reservoir Dogs, Kill Bill, and u will learn to appreciate violent but cool cinema!

Credits
    JustRising, that is such an impossible request. Everyone has their own life experiences and likes/dislikes. For me to tell you what movies to watch would be such a waste of time. The ones I love would probably be a total bore for you. You have to just explore, experience, engulf yourself in every imaginable type of movie you can find until you figure out what you love, and go from there.

I have a best friend. We have been best friends for twenty years. We do everything together, love doing the same things. Yet, our tastes in movies couldn't be more different. I can't sit through her favorites and she won't even stay in the room for mine.

You have a lifetime to explore this wonderful medium. There is such a huge body of work already out there, and so much more to come. Enjoy the ride!

Credits
    You should watch some classics then. I don't know about you.. but if I get a wittle tired of my fave movies. I explore the oldies/classics ones.

Last night, I watched 'An Affair to Remember' and I enjoyed it so much! It wuz a very unpredictable movie. I just love to be surprised. I also recently watched.. "It happened one night" and "Bringing up Baby"... they are all great movies.. and I love them so much that I'm willing to purchase them on DVDs. I also recommend my fave: "Imitation of Life"

Or go for the pop ones.. Such as Jaws.. Once flew over the cuckoo nest... just go for it! Go to blockbuster and look at the drama or comedy and rent something 20 years old or older...

My other thought is to watch something musical... like Oklahoma.. Fiddle on the Roof.. my favorite is Camelot! You should watch Camelot! starring Richard Harris.

Or watch Moulin Rouge... that's a good one. It takes place in 1899 or 1900.
    "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."

Credits
    Watch my favs
    -True Romance (1993)
    -Se7en (1995)
    -Training Day (2001)
    -The Last Boyscout (1991)
    I forget any others, that alwas happens when I try to list.
    Sgt. Johnny Beaufort: He says, "The Apaches are a great race," sir. "They've never been conquered. But it is not well for a nation to be always at war. The young men die... the women sing sad songs... and the old ones are hungry in the winter."
    Fort Apache

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by ZUBi
    how do U mean by that: on your computer?

p.s. your computer details & your Internet connection is?

I have a laptop, Dell latitude D800, and modem.
    not necessarily on the computer but if i can sure why not?!

Credits
    Reservoir Dog, on my list,
    I've already seen Kill Bill, And Fight Club is one off my all time favorites.
    best appreciation for violence movie is probably Natural Born Killer.
    Let me know if you can think of any other one.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by SharkmanSIX
    Watch my favs
    I already saw True Romance, And Seven, but thank for the rest.
    A question i was checking the last boyscout, Are Ridley Scott, and Tony Scott brothers? not just because they have a same last name but because they directed movies together too.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by bebbaboo
    JustRising, that is such an impossible request. Everyone has their own life experiences and likes/dislikes.
    Yup, you are right but, learning what movies other people like helps a lot giving direction.
    I started watching movies with one of my friends who was so much into movies, and he trained me good in watching a lot of Horror movies, and Action movies, and then whole bunch of good director's movies. but since my dear friend is too busy and i don't see him any more, figuring out movies are kinda hard, to be honest i totally enjoy watching movies in another persons point of view. and that doesn't mean i agree with him on all the movies, we still have big movie differences (his favorite indiana jones is raiders of the lost arc, and mine is last crusade, he really likes John Carpenter, and there is no way i watch his movies again...) but i still love to let him suggest movies to watch, that is if i can find him, which won't happen anytime soon since he is way to busy with his new life, and new friends,
    there... some inside info on my movie desperation, and personal life!
    I call it my amazing life of movies. Don't we all have stories about movies we watch and like or dislike?!

Credits

Cool My favorites

Okay. My favorites .. must see movies. Casablanca, Citizen Kane, Pulp Fiction, All Quiet on the Western Front, To Kill a Mockingbird, High Noon, Shawshank Redemption, Witness, Silence of the Lambs, Bone Collector, The Bridge on the River Kwai, 12 Angry Men ...

On a lighter note True Lies, Field of Dreams, Big, Porky's, Fargo, Waking Ned Devine, Young Frankenstein, Friendly Persuasion, This Is Spinal Tap, Willow, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, The Blues Brothers, Harvey, Ghost, Dr. Strangelove...

The list goes on and on. If you're ever near Sherman TX stop on by and we'll have a movie fest!
    Last edited by bebbaboo; 04-23-2004 at 11:29 PM. Reason: Spelling

ZUBi is offline Valued Longtime Member (1971-2006)
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRising
    I have a laptop, Dell latitude D800, and modem.
    not necessarily on the computer but if i can sure why not?!
    aha. modem. then U can forget what I was trying to say..
    (I thought U were on cable or ADSL).

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by ZUBi
    aha. modem. then U can forget what I was trying to say..
    (I thought U were on cable or ADSL).
    Oops by modem i meant cable

So we are still talking! what?