Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

what do you think?

Motorola MD681 5.8 GHz Digital Expandable Cordless Speakerphone with Answering System and Caller ID (Silver)

Features:

5.8 GHz digital signal; expandable to 6 handsets
    Digital answering system with 3 individual mailboxes
    Caller ID with visual call waiting
    Speakerphone capability from handset and base unit
    Selective ring tones and VibraCall alert

US $115.95

can't decide. i really like it. what do ya'll think? from Amazon.com. is it worth it?
    "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."

Credits
    Looks like the plastic is cheep.... no?

Credits

Credits
    nice toy... hehehee

well i'm sure you are getting it coz it has some usefulness in regards to your hearing disability .. right? if not then I suggest something that looks like it would last longer.. :-)
    http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

Credits
    We purchased a two-handset cordless phone system with caller ID from Big Lots for about $40 (each handset has caller ID), and we used to have a $20 digital answering machine, although with our current phone plan we have voice mail, so the answering machine was redundant. Still, that was $60 for 2 phones and one answering machine compared to your $116 for one phone with answering machine. Granted, ours didn't have a speaker phone capability, only 2 ringtones, and no vibrating feature. I don't remember the Ghz on ours, though. Not 5... I'm thinking 2, but 4 also sounds right.

Anyway, I wouldn't buy it, but if you like the extra features and the all-in-one design, and you don't mind the price, then go for it.
    Corfy
    Laugh at life or life will laugh at you.
    Website | DVD Collection

Credits
    corfy.. i have something like that right now. two phones with caller id and speakerphone 30 bucks.. answering machine for 20 bucks.

and they're CRAP!!! my answering machine keeps cutting off. about one in 20 callers get to leave a message. it's annoying. i had an important call from my school.. "Hello Stephanie. This is Kerry Tate from UTD. I am calling to..." BLEEP and my phone doesn't last too long.. i can't stay on the phone longer than 30 minutes.. they're only a couple of years old..

so i'm thinking the more it costs.. the longer it will last... am i right?

This phone is really nice. I am very close into buying it. Just thinking about it some more. It's once every year when I go a little overboard into buying something I want.

And yes tisoy, it will be very useful for my hearing loss. I read some info. Volume adjusting. The phone I have now doesn't have that. And vibration. Speakerphone. Oye- it's too nice! me like vibrations

Credits
    Sorry about that....

We have had our two-cordless phones for a while now and we love them, so much so that we bought a third cordless phone from the same company when our old cordless died on us (when you have a 2-story, 2,000 square foot house with 7 rooms, you need a lot of phones... we have 5, 3 cordless, two corded), although the newest one we bought doesn't have caller id.

We purchased our digital answering machine a few years ago. It wasn't great, but it did the job. One of the things I didn't like about it is it told the day and time of the caller, but it didn't tell you the date. "First message, message sent Thursday at 4:32 p.m.", which worked fine when it was a new message, but if we saved it, it became a little confusing. But when we moved into the house and got a new phone plan, we ended up getting voice mail, so we gave the answering machine to some friends of ours.

Credits
    home answering machines are pointless.. i know many people dont leave messages cause they know if i dont answer at home they can call/sms my mobile... and dont have to talk to "the stupid machine"...

[My Top 20 Movies@Ymdb] - ([)(]) Dolby Digital the choice of ML's - [~My Place ~]

{Drag The Sunrise Down: You know the light can hypnotise, so shut it out and close your eyes - Rooster}

Credits
    it is done! i have gone insane and ordered the phone! i cannot wait! :big grin:

Credits
    whats your phone number radstar we'll call you to test it hehehe

Credits
    1-800-EAT-CRAP (thanks for the test.. i appreciate it)

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by radstar
    1-800-EAT-CRAP (thanks for the test.. i appreciate it)
    hey that's my number!!