PART II: THE REMAKES - A10

No story, just somethings caught on last night's viewing of the 1990 remake.

As I've said many times over - I've seen the first remake so many times I can't even give a number to it. Even saw it on opening day; October 19th, 1990.

So it brings me a great smile to see things in it that I never noticed until now.

While watching it FOUR things caught my attention that I hadn't seen before.

This was mentioned in the review (Part III) for "Night Of The Living Dead: Darkest Dawn" (2015)...

Following being introduced, Harry (Tom Towles) grabs a beer from the frig. Can of Stoney's Beer; brewed in Smithton, Pennsylvania - a local ale. Movie takes place near Pittsburgh, PA.
- me

This beer shows up later, towards the end as a can being drink and as a tee.

One of the redneck posse men who found Barbara (Patricia Tallman) after the farmhouse siege is wearing ale apparel.

It's a Stoney's Beer tee shirt!

The character's name wasn't said. At least I didn't catch it. But was able to isolate (internet mojo was good this night) - David Butler as Hondo. Very nice touch of continuity most will never notice. This is one.

Number two happened while working with that image.

There's a guy in a stretcher the background being helped by paramedics. Was he bitten or injured by some accident; friendly fire, maybe?

The third is something I had just taken for granted - believing it was just part of the visuals for the end credits. Nope. It's part of the narrative.

There is a cameraman snapping away at the posse who are celebrating around the bonfire. His pictures are presented as the pixs in the end credits. Woh! Cue in some Duran Duran music. How could I have not seen this until a few hours ago?

The forth is something in the background of that image - the grain silo. It is after all a farmhouse. Which has gotten me thinking. What if Ben and or gang had silently climbed the ladder and tied themselves to it? As we have seen the undead can't climb.

They were shown earlier - just before one of the ghouls pulled the power line, they can't climb. Either not enough strength or dexterity or combo. They could go up and see for miles up there. Be quiet and have the dead just pass them by. Have someone on watch making sure none of them try to ascend.

Granted they can only see from where the ladder is - there could be trouble on the other side of that silo. But from that point they could hang safe and call out for help when help passes by. I'm even thinking how to make a wooden platform with chains for them the rest and sleep.

While very true... if exposed that silo becomes a death trap. No way down. Anyhow, those were four new things I discovered on my umpteenth viewing.

I have another entry in the works. Another book review coming in late November or so.

Happy Halloween folks! Be good... well, good enough not to get hurt or behind bars. *wink*