Past Tense

This is quite out of the ordinary, a first. What I have here is an update to a previous post. And not a fluffy one.

This is an update to the PT entry for "Sin City".

You may recall my comments on the exclusives from Circuit City.

...had an a set of (four?) exclusive collectible cards (5 x 7 inches). I do not know if these were packed with the DVD or available at the counter when you bought the movie. Also on the same street and sold for $14.99. I would like to have this. The cards were shrink-wrapped and printed on thick card stock (minimum 45 per store). Was there a fifth card? Allegedly, the last collectible was Benicio Del Toro as Jackie Boy. Did it exist? Sorry, I just don't know.
I can now answer that.

Why did it take so long?

It fell off my radar, repeatedly - newer things took my interest. Then in early August of 2019 it popped again. Except this time, made it center stage. Found. An eBay auction; "Sin City (DVD, 2006) with slip cover and Collector Character Cards". Bought the set for $6.00 with shipping.

Now my collection is complete. Well - I guess I could get that "Back Alley Poker Pack" box set. Would be nice, but I'm not fidgeting on it.

No new extras - just a poker set boxed with the "Recut - Extended - Unrated" DVD collection.

Anyhow, the only good image I could muster at the time was pretty weak.

As you can see above, it left a lot to be desired from that pix and was incomplete. And yes - there was fifth card.

My purchase came to me on August 7th. This exclusive streeted at Circuit City on August 16th, 2005. Which means, it took me fourteen years to finally get my set. Wow!

This was bought for $2.50, the rest was postage.

Here you go... the FIVE Circuit City collectible (lobby) cards. Sway. The backs of all these are blank.

Yup, that's it - a rather short entry. BUT I did give my focus on the next entry for "Night Of The Living Dead DVD Retrospective" - a four parter book review. It's a read.

Next time we go back to the norm. See you here on November 28th, 2019 for a double PT entry. Some love the TV show. Others totally hate it. I'm more in the comfort food group. See you then.