Quote Originally Posted by leprekon View Post
You also noticed some movies that get released worldwide get DVD,Bluray and 4k releases and in Canada it’s only Bluray or DVD. I wanted 3 From Hell 4K and a few others but only in Canada we don’t get 4K releases no matter what retailer it is (not on amazon.ca but on amazon.com lol). So less money I’m fine if bestbuy don’t want my money but the Sunrise colour vinyl I like but not when they release it in June not to get any stock at all at a $30 price tag to rerelease them 4 months later with a $45 price tag lol sounds like a bestbuy thing.
Quote Originally Posted by jacques1400 View Post

Not to further this off-topic discussion, but the decision to release 4K's in Canada is strictly based on the market by the distributor, eOne being the largest. Same deal with BD/Combo releases, it appears that Canadians prefer 2K BD (No Combo) probably because 4K is priced too high, and DVD is about the same or more than a BD with obvious lower quality.

"Anna" which I wanted, was also not released here in 4K, but on a positive side, you can order these titles from Amazon.com on sale at equal or lower than the cost from buying it in Canada (HST included of course).

Now that Amazon.com can charge you in Canadian Dollars, it's easier than ever to compare pricing.

Thanks @jacques1400,@leprekon

You have answered a question concerning why Canada will only get certain movie titles in bluray and/or television series title in DVD. I have always found aggravating to have to make a special order for certain tv series like Netflix's Lost In Space in bluray when they are only being offered in DVD in BBYCanada. I go to a store called CINEMA 1 (not ready to abandon brick and mortar) and they to have to special order certain titles in bluray because they were only released in DVD; but when I go to this store I see many older customers are still sticking with DVD and are not ready to even switch to Bluray let alone 4K.