Thanks Thanks:  24

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Credits

2 movies I can't remember

Hi there

Another newbie with a mystery here.

I've been thinking about 2 movies that I just can't seem to remember what they were. They weren't particularly good movies or anything, just movies I've watched before and it's baffling me that I can't remember what they were. In both movies, teenagers played main roles.

Both were movies I watched ages ago, hence I can't remember much.

So here goes:

1. The harder one, information is vague. There was a movie in the 90s sometime I believe (could have been late 80s), what I remember about it is very little. It plays off in the USA somewhere (useless info as that doesn't narrow down much), mostly at some high school. There was a famous male actor in it, can't remember which one though. There is a love drama between two teenagers at the school and there's a boy that's a bit of a psycho, think he ends up killing some people. It might have been an action movie or horror, but there's definitely violence in the movie. I remember a part where a teacher asks a math question about two trains approaching each other at different speeds. One of the main characters later challenges one of the other characters with this same question, which he struggles to solve.

2. Next one I think is easier, even though I remember even less about it. Two teens get involved with fighting against a crime syndicate, can't remember the exact details. The boy loves airplanes. In one part of the movie, the boy steals a Cessna airplane to use as transport (don't think this happens in too many movies).

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by cptplt View Post
    Hi there

Another newbie with a mystery here.

I've been thinking about 2 movies that I just can't seem to remember what they were. They weren't particularly good movies or anything, just movies I've watched before and it's baffling me that I can't remember what they were. In both movies, teenagers played main roles.

Both were movies I watched ages ago, hence I can't remember much.

So here goes:

1. The harder one, information is vague. There was a movie in the 90s sometime I believe (could have been late 80s), what I remember about it is very little. It plays off in the USA somewhere (useless info as that doesn't narrow down much), mostly at some high school. There was a famous male actor in it, can't remember which one though. There is a love drama between two teenagers at the school and there's a boy that's a bit of a psycho, think he ends up killing some people. It might have been an action movie or horror, but there's definitely violence in the movie. I remember a part where a teacher asks a math question about two trains approaching each other at different speeds. One of the main characters later challenges one of the other characters with this same question, which he struggles to solve.

2. Next one I think is easier, even though I remember even less about it. Two teens get involved with fighting against a crime syndicate, can't remember the exact details. The boy loves airplanes. In one part of the movie, the boy steals a Cessna airplane to use as transport (don't think this happens in too many movies).
    I had a feeling the actor I was thinking of in #1 was Brad Pitt. Looks at his filmography, and the movie I was thinking of was Cutting Class (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cutting_Class). So #1 solved. I remember now why the movie was significant also, it was Brad Pitt's first major role.

Still no idea for #2 though.