Thanks Thanks:  24

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    j7wild Guest
    Looking for a 60's or 70's crime movie.

At first I thought it was Bullitt but after digging out my DVD copy of Bullitt, it's not it.

A cop is investigating a criminal kingpin who is holed up in a penthouse apartment.

The cop uses the apartment in another building across the penthouse to use as his stakeout point.

The residents of the apartment are 2 gay men who thinks the whole thing is funny and exciting.

I want to think the cop is played by Eastwood or Bronson or Coburn, one of those 60's/70's tough guy actors.

There is a shootout in the garage of the penthouse between one of the kingpin's henchman and the Police.

There is also a woman involved. If I remember correctly, she works for the kingpin and the cop is using her to gain access to the criminal organization and get closer to the kingpin.

I also am pretty sure the movie is set in San Francisco but it's not a Dirty Harry film.

j7wild Guest

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by j7wild View Post
    Looking for a 60's or 70's crime movie.

At first I thought it was Bullitt but after digging out my DVD copy of Bullitt, it's not it.

A cop is investigating a criminal kingpin who is holed up in a penthouse apartment.

The cop uses the apartment in another building across the penthouse to use as his stakeout point.

The residents of the apartment are 2 gay men who thinks the whole thing is funny and exciting.

I want to think the cop is played by Eastwood or Bronson or Coburn, one of those 60's/70's tough guy actors.

There is a shootout in the garage of the penthouse between one of the kingpin's henchman and the Police.

There is also a woman involved. If I remember correctly, she works for the kingpin and the cop is using her to gain access to the criminal organization and get closer to the kingpin.

I also am pretty sure the movie is set in San Francisco but it's not a Dirty Harry film.
    Quote Originally Posted by jacques1400 View Post

@J7wild

You sure you are not confusing 2 movies?
    Some of your details sound a lot like "The Laughing Policeman".
    Found it!!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0062138/

From the wiki page:

Willing to help in any way, Chris (Angie Dickinson) agrees to a sexual tryst with Reese (John Vernon) inside his heavily guarded penthouse apartment just so she can gain access and unbolt a door for Walker (Lee Marvin). Walker ties up some men in an apartment across from the penthouse and has a call made to police to report a robbery, creating a diversion that enables him to slip into the penthouse.