Thanks Thanks:  24

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    j7wild Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Y View Post
    "Nick loses his gift during a storm while trying to find a company secretary, Erin, who (as his telepathic ability has shown him) is contemplating suicide."
    Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/What_Women_Want
    Still not the correct movie for what iaind posted:

Quote Originally Posted by iaind View Post
    we've been trying to get the name of a film but can't workout what it was called please help.

there was a female character who i think was a copy girl in a publishing company, the other girls nicknamed her Mouse. her boss i think bumps into her one day and she says something like if i killed myself tomorrow nobody would notice.
    The next day she does not show up for work,and her boss goes looking for her, he finds out she went to see a sick friend in a slum type ghetto.

Any ideas we can't even think who the actor/actress was.

I've seen What Women Wants with Mel Gibson and Helen Hunt and it has nothing to do with the movie that iaind described.

There was never a ghetto scene or a character named Mouse in What Women Wants.

I don't know why you think posting a part from WIKI automatically makes it match the movie iaind is looking for.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by j7wild View Post
    Still not the correct movie for what iaind posted:

I've seen What Women Wants with Mel Gibson and Helen Hunt and it has nothing to do with the movie that iaind described.
    There was never a ghetto scene or a character named Mouse in What Women Wants.
    I don't know why you think posting a part from WIKI automatically makes it match the movie iaind is looking for.

I think that the decision should be iaind's call, after all he is the one who is asking.
    If you have a better match, please feel free to post it as well, in the meantime consider that in many cases facts gets crossed, and recollections tend to get mixed up over time. I also have seen the movie, and can see some similarities with iaind's clues.

From Roger Ebert:

The movie is considerably slowed down by the unnecessary character of a suicidal file clerk, who does nothing of any interest until late in the movie, when Nick befriends her in a scene that serves no purpose, except to delay us on our way to the happy climax, which can be seen signaling eagerly from the next reel.

I can't see through walls, but I can kick your ass.