Thanks Thanks:  126

Thread: Best Buy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Credits
    One thing @jacques1400 I find funny is of all the Disney/Marvel steelbooks we can't find in store or online replacements for they still have copies of the Captain Marvel steelbook available. Maybe because of its lackluster box office performance.

Credits

Keep in mind that the stores are the ones getting the damaged ones back, so they might have stock on the shelves, but I'm pretty sure that with a close inspection you'll find that quite a few are damaged returns.

I can't see through walls, but I can kick your ass.

Credits

Normally studios proceed in waves for older titles, so Yes, it's possible that they will re-release in time for Christmas.
    Don't forget that there were a crap load of re-releases, in addition to the new stuff.

By taking a break, it gives the customers a chance to breathe and pay their bills. LOL

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by jacques1400 View Post

Normally studios proceed in waves for older titles, so Yes, it's possible that they will re-release in time for Christmas.
    Don't forget that there were a crap load of re-releases, in addition to the new stuff.

By taking a break, it gives the customers a chance to breathe and pay their bills. LOL

Very true @jacques1400 but if this information is true from hidefninja.com concerning that these Disney movies being released on these titles on the Best Buy USA website like Zootopia, Moana, Big Hero 6, Tangled and The Princess and the Frog (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA] is slated for November 5,2019 in addition to the remaining 4K steelbooks for Antman, Dr. Strange and Gaurdians of the Galaxy. I do believe I will have to take out a small morgage to finance these items; but seeing how there has been no word concerning the 4K steelbooks for Antman, Dr. Strange and Gaurdians of the Galaxy maybe my check book might be a little lighter.

Credits

Soul is available from Zavvi as we speak, and I wouldn't get my hopes up too much on this getting here at Best Buy Canada.
    Best Buy US has been cranking out SteelBooks like there's no tomorrow, and all we get is retail wide releases which I don't get from them. Sucks to be Canadian these days for SteelBooks.

Hell, I even slowed my US purchases, everything went up, shipping, SteelBooks, exchange is crap, and I get hit with State taxes to boot since I'm shipping to my forwarding address in the US.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Cull Obsidian View Post
    One thing @jacques1400 I find funny is of all the Disney/Marvel steelbooks we can't find in store or online replacements for they still have copies of the Captain Marvel steelbook available. Maybe because of its lackluster box office performance.
    Captain Marvel outgrossed all the MCU movies except for the 4 Avengers films and Black Panther domestically, and also made $1.1-billion at the box office (putting it behind those same 5 films and within sneezing distance of Iron Man 3 and Civil War). That's a far cry from lackluster.

It just wasn't well received by the typical Marvel fanboys, as can be seen by the consistent whining on Twitter and YouTube about the character that continues to this day. I imagine Best Buy amped up their stock because it was an MCU title, but that these clowns who likely bought all the other MCU steels aren't buying this one.

Credits
    Anyone else on the forum use Ebates? Anyway, Ebates would usually give 3% cash back on purchases at Best Buy. Now, it seems they are no longer affiliated with one another?
    Anybody have an idea when this happened?

Credits

I figure a couple of weeks or so, I used to go through EBates, now called "Rakuten" as a just in case thing, but I never got anything out of it.
    Amazon has lower prices, and their % fluctuates a lot, but it can go up to 10% on everything during promotions.

Actually it was only up to a maximum of 3%, and not many things fell into that category.
    Most were 1% and it was mostly for supplies rather than tangible goods.
    I thought that they would have used EBates when they cancelled their rewards program, but that never happened either.

Another cost cutting measure.....

Credits

Pure speculation on my part, but is it possible that the extra 101 Dalmatians was supposed to be your missing "Galaxy Quest?"
    If that's the case then you saved a few bucks by getting charged for "Galaxy Quest" instead.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by jacques1400 View Post

Pure speculation on my part, but is it possible that the extra 101 Dalmatians was supposed to be your missing "Galaxy Quest?"
    If that's the case then you saved a few bucks by getting charged for "Galaxy Quest" instead.

I thought the same thing @jacques1400 granted it would be nice if they just sent an email to give me an heads up. I have went through my emails and online order history from Best Buy just to make sure I was not the one who made the error. But could not find anything so as you stated I got a free Disney steelbook. Just hope this does not come back and kick me in my butt; (you know how karma is) and have another one of my orders cancelled.

Credits

It's called recycling

I checked the back of Raiders, they're probably from the US, more than likely overstock for those prices.
    The date on the Raiders is 2015, which coincides with the US release of the Identical SteelBook according to Amazon