Thanks Thanks:  0
    j7wild Guest

Question The "Bourne" Films: good thrillers or boring over-rated movies?

I didn't find the Bourne Identity and the Bourne Supremacy that entertaining:

first, I have a difficult time believing Matt Damon is a spy because of his boyish good looks;

second, I think the 2 films are a bit short on action and suspense:

a movie doesn't requires big megabudget stunts and huge explosions and fancy CGI to be entertaining which these 2 films don't have which is okay, but I still found it boring and "been there, done that";

finally, some of the supporting characters are just uninteresting and the storyline, especially in the 2nd film, has holes and ridiculously far fetched plot devices to keep the movie going!!

what do you think?

Credits
    I enjoyed both films, despite that they went way off the storyline from the books. Still, good stuff.
    If you can stay calm, while all around you is chaos...then you probably haven't completely understood the seriousness of the situation.

Credits
    I think those movies are very decent espionage-thrillers with decent acting and storyline. It doesn't depend on some fancy action-sequences or special effects. I'm not saying the movies are masterworks but they are deffenitly above average. Matt Damon is one of the reasons why it is above average, if you just think that he doesn't "look the part" than it probably has something to do with the way you think a spy should look like.

Btw, matt damon has a very good dutch accent, when he tells something in dutch in The Bourne Identity.
    Last edited by Jax; 09-19-2006 at 09:15 PM.
    I'm a mog, half man, half dog, I am my own best friend.

Credits
    Actually I would say Matt Damon fits the book description of Jason Bourne very well. In the books they describe him as someone who doesn't look threatening and has no distinctive facial features so he fits into the crowd easily.

The books are super detailed, there's enough in the trilogy to make 6 movies. I thought the first one was a decent adaptaion, a dissapointment overall next to the book but a good movie when judged on its own. The second one however was completely wrong, essentially going away from the book entirely.

Credits
    i hated em bouth.. boring as hell... its the same crap over and over again.. (says that loud in a pablo fransisco voice )... its like mission imposible and 24.. you just know there is a leak, mole, bad guy posing as one of the good guys and so on... i do how ever like 24 cos even tho it has the same lame plot twists that kills movies like this.. it at least has lots of action and real suspence.. somthing those 2 movies seriusly lagged..

Fed7haS
    She's just too pretty for Hollywood. I don't know, put her in a glass box and display her at the Metropolitan Museum of Art or something. - Jake on the topic of Scarlett Johansson.