Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Credits

It was your story...

... now it's mine! HAHAHA!!!

I'm gonna tell you a story about me. This is a thread where we can know ALL about each other. How about that! *pants*

I was born in 1982 in Dallas, Texas.
    I was born deaf. And yes, it's a good thing I still am! I compensate quite well with my hearing aids. I know what you're thinking. I'm not gonna say it out loud...
    I love everything! Except the bad stuff. I love movies, music, planes, my family and friends, and I very much love being outdoors.
    Ummm... I wish Phantom was in love with me. Or perhaps is.
    And I wish The Rock was in love with me too.
    I love going to concerts.
    I drive a dodge neon.
    I have a boyfriend who has a girlfriend, whom is me by the way.
    I like it when people like me.
    I'm a computer freak. I taught myself how to code with C++. Little did I know that the operating systems class require a knowledge of C++. I'm doing well in the class though. Woot!
    I think that's about it.
    And I'm scared of sharks.

Long live Batman! :big grin:

I loveeeeeeeee pina coladas.

And my private message mailbox is like totally empty! I found a delete button..

What about you guys? Hmm? Hmm? I want to know you.... rrrrreal bad.

Lets be friends!

I'm sleepy too...
    "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."

Credits
    I was born in 1978.
    I lived in Gatineau (french) until grade 3.
    Now I live in Ottawa (english).
    I no longer speak french (much)
    I'm diabetic (type 1). Make a <A HREF="http://www.diabetes.ca/Section_Main/welcome.asp">donation</A>.
    I once coded a complete RPG game in Basic.
    My home theatre is my pride and joy.
    I'm currenly looking to buy my first house.
    I yearly (except for last year) attend the Toronto film festival.
    I'm single and I like it (but I'm still looking).
    I love beer and enjoy trying new ones.
    I hate spiders and ants.

And I think this is a great idea.

Credits
    I was born in 1979, In New York City, and have been there ever since.
    I have no allergies. (That I'm aware of.)
    I am an avid writer of poetry and lyrics.
    I am a musician and the lead singer of my cover band.
    My escape is my music and writing.
    I am a huge fan of movies.
    I am with my girlfriend for almost 4 yrs.
    I am obsessed with Vampires.
    I go to concerts on a regular basis. (Greenday in September!)
    Guinness (on tap only) and Southern Comfort are my drinks of choice.
    I hate bees and the daytime.
    I also think this is a great idea.

"Suddenly I heard a tapping, as of someone gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door. You heard me rapping, Right?"

Credits
    This is a great idea! Hope all the regulars post so that we know more about the folks we see post all the time!!!!

I was born in 1948 in Jasper, Texas, which makes me about the oldest M-L member, I think. That's what great about the love of movies and trailers .. it has no age barriers!

I love movies, trailers and the internet. Those are all my passions. I am a software engineer .. have been coding since we had to punch all of our code on cards (assembly language.) Things sure have changed!

I love life, and am looking forward to living a long, happy, healthy one. However, I am currently living the worst year of my life. Last August I crushed my right leg and am still waiting for a knee replacement. Unfortuately, that has been postponed because I was diagnosed with Stage 4 breast cancer in May. I've had 3 surgeries since then, and started chemotherapy yesterday. All prayers are welcome, if you are so inclined!

I was married and divorced in the 80s, and live alone with my 3 Maltese dogs... and love it that way. I have lots of good friends (Steph you never answered my email!!!!!) who have been terrific with all my woes this year. Aren't friends great??

I drive a Dodge Ram 1500 pickup truck and love Margaritas (I do live in Texas!) :big grin:

I love all kinds of movies except Horror .. just don't see the point.

I have a great home theater with a Sony 61-in HD TV and 3 multi-disc DVD players (200+301+200) which are mostly full. Nothing like a movie juke-box. I spend way too much time sitting in front of it, but when you can't walk .. what can you do! That's my latest excuse anyway.

I don't speak any foreign languages, have enough trouble with English. I'm very jealous of multi-lingual folks. That is so cool.

Now it's your turn!
    Deep In The Heart Of Texas!
    My Movie Collection

Credits
    OK, sure...why not.

Born 1975 Chattanooga, Tennessee were I still live.
    My life revolves around my beautiful daughter who will be turning six next thursday and just lost her front tooth.
    I have been married for eight + years to my wife who is also my best friend.
    We honeymooned in Paris, France for two weeks and almost got ran over while running across the circle to the Arch de Triumph. We were also almost mugged by a large group of Paris youths, but that is another story.
    I have always wanted to go to film school to become a director, but circumstances and cold feet have kept me from it so far.
    I love photography. It is my artistic release, but sadly I don't make the time for it enough these days.
    My current passion is my web site, which I started soon after I joined this forum. Movie-List was a great inspiration.
    My wife & I own a vintage clothing and furniture store, but I mainly earn my living as a Quality Manager in a company that has a lot of uncertainty.

For what it's worth, that's at least a snapshot of me.
    Now if only editman could drop his guard a little.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by bebbaboo
    (Steph you never answered my email!!!!!)
    WHAT?!?!!! I've replied to all of your emails! You never got them??

Credits
    Great idea Steph...

My real name is Patrick
    I was born March 14 1974 (31 years old) in Montréal
    I'm happily married (5 years now) to Nancy (who's birthday is next friday July 15)
    I have a wonderful daughter name Elizabeth she is almost 20 month old, you probably saw a couple of picture here and there.
    I hate to loose
    I always try to be the best in what i do
    I'm a black belt in karate (kyokushin) i'm teaching classes
    I also work for a General Motors dealer (Chevy) i've been working here for 9 years.
    I've been losing my hairs for a long time.. i shave them now. I don't really care, my wife like it anyway. She thinks i'm sexy specially when i do karate with only my pants on
    I'm driving a Pontiac Vibe and next year i'm changing for a Chevy Equinox (SUV)
    Last year we bought my step-mother's house. I builted a huge patio with the new pool that i have now... looove my pool theses days it's like 6000 degrees outside
    Like everybody knows i'm a huge fan of Star Wars, you should see one of my room, my wife is starting to believe that i am really crazy.
    I have a sister her name is Julie
    I have wonderfull friends here at M-L (Lafce, Red Bear...)
    i'm starting my vacation in 2 days for 3 weeks!!!!!!
    ...damn i'm tired these days
    I love the tv show 24 with kiefer sutterland, like stargate sg-1 to

Credits
    This really is the international house of movies...

Credits
    Ok ... my name is Aleksandar, I'm from Skopje, the capital of Macedonia (one of the ex-Yugoslavia Republics); was born in 1977 and I (still ) study architecture; I will be getting married this year in september with my girlfriend Eli; no brothers and sisters.

I love movies (favourites are 'Star Wars', 'LOTR', 'Indiana Jones', Romero's 'Dead' trilogy, Sergio Leone's westerns, etc...), comics and NBA basketball (go Pacers!); my favourite book is 'The Lord of the Rings' and I'm reading 'The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy' right now - so far it's great!!!

I also love playing basketball with my friends, playing NBA Live on my PC and listening to film music;

I'm not sure that I'll be going on a vacation this year, since we have a lot of work around the house... we have to make some changes and fix some things; me and my soon-to-be-wife will be living with my parents; the house is big enough, so there will be no problems - but some work has to be done first.

What else to say? I love this place, Movie-List, met some great people here and I'm looking forward to beeing here in many, many more years to come. Long live Movie-List, JP and it's members!

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Master
    ...you should see one of my room, my wife is starting to believe that i am really crazy.
    You're not crazy... I would like to steal your room - just like Steph wants to steal your baby girl.
    Last edited by lafce; 07-13-2005 at 02:16 PM.

Credits
    WTF am I suddenly the YOUNGEST????!!

I was born in 06.16.86 which my friends say causes me to be evil.

I'm from Bay Ridge, Brooklym, New York City. The eye-talian mafia ran the show here for quite a while, still live here in million dollar homes. The cast of the Sopranos used to dine here weekly.

I'm American of German-Polish descent. Blue eyes, dark blonde hair, right-handed. I'm only 5'7'' but take comfort in the fact that so is Tom Cruise.

I speak, read and write English and Polish perfectly. Also Spanish and German but now so well, especially reading and writing German.

I went to Brooklyn Technical HS, the alma mater of Jerry Stiller and the original Hulk Lou Ferrigla (spelling?) (and some CEOs, Joint Chiefs of Staff, Astronauts but those guys aren't really important )

I am currently in college officially at Hunter College of the City University of NY but taking almost half my credits at NYU business school.

I work full time in summer and part time when school is in session on the 28th floor of One World Financial Center across the street from Ground Zero.

I'm a republican.

I play hockey and ski. The only town where I have played and not scored a point is unlucky Montreal, those damn Canadians are just too good!

I'm heavily invested in the stock market with a great return so far, one day I will cash out and get myself a trophy wife.

I broke up with my last girlfriend because she wouldn't shut the hell up about Harry Potter.

I read a lot (commute over 2 hours every day). Too many good book sto list.
    Fav movie obviously Fight Club, a movie that I have to say profoundly changed my life.
    Shows I watch: 24, Rescue Me, CSI regular and NY, Saturday Night Live, Jay Leno and Conan.

I love New York City like a family member.
    I've talked with NY Police Commissioner Kelly and Spike Lee. I once saw Micheal Moore on the 6 train below Lexington Ave and laughed at him with my friends until he got off (on the next stop)

I hope to one day become a retiree.

Credits
    Jake, I love that you laughed Michael Moore off the train. That is just too rich!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake
    ... and the original Hulk Lou Ferrigla (spelling?)
    Lou Ferrigno

here with Stan Lee (left)
    "I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone …
    but they've always worked for me,"

Hunter S.Thompson

Credits
    I was born in 1975.
    I've been living in Melbourne, Australia, since 1992.

I have a colon that's slightly longer than normal. I had a operation in 1990, when it got twisted (possibly after some pizza) and the stomach gas blew it up like a balloon.

My parents got divorced a few years back.
    I had a brother who lives with me and my mother but we haven't spoken to each other since 2003. He used to be a decent kid, now he's grown up to be a Grade A+ a**hole that steals things from me and mom rather than asking for them, holds grudges against us for whatever reasons and thinks he and his friends, whom I think are rich scums, are better than, hence shows no respect to his family members. If one day I'm going to jail, it's because I would have killed that s.o.b. - I failed as an elder brother to guide him to the Good Way of Life. It would only be natural if I finish off that mess and pay for my due.

I used to be top of the class in high school in Computer Studies, beating my ex's ex.
    You can say I edit videos (or things related) for a living. I am working part-time these days struggling to find work.
    I haven't had a girlfriend since 1995.
    I have had about 5-6 crashes since then. None came to fruition.
    The girl I had been in love (on and off) for the past 17 years got married last year. I still love her.

I have about 1,000 DVDs in my private collection as of today (many double dippings).
    Moves is pretty much the only thing that keeps me going these days.
    My favorurite movie of all time is The Grauduate.
    My favorutire directors include Hitchcock, Truffaut, Kubrick, Kurosawa and Ozu.
    My favorurite Japanese anime of all time is City Hunter.
    My favorurite band of all time is probably The Beatles.
    I don't dig cars, but I've been practicing my driving slowly.
    I don't follow politics, but I vote for Labor and I think John Howard and the Liberals are greedy scums that led the Australians to war and endangered the general public.

I usually post my writings, then proof-read again and edit any errors and mistakes.

My real name is not Edward Dittman.

I don't have a pretty appearance.

I don't think I will end up with a wife and kids at the end, but rather live a lonely life and die.

And last but not least: I really REALLY hate postcount whores.
    Last edited by editman; 07-16-2005 at 07:58 PM.

"The idea was to be a symbol. editman could be anybody, that was the point."

Trolls destroyed the Forum

my DVD/blu-ray List

Credits
    I haven't really been a member of the forums that long, thought I've been coming here for years. So if my post constitutes removal, then you moderators know what to do.....

My full name is Brian Adam Yawn.
    I was born in July 13, 1977.
    My parents are still married; dad's a teacher and mom works at a hospital.
    I have two younger sisters, both have kids, and only one is married (and if the father of my nephew comes back to try and take him, you probably won't be hearing from me anymore....)
    I was born in AR but I currently live in Cedar Rapids, IA, though if it wasn't for my fiance, I wouldn't.
    I thought my High School Class Ranking List was in alphabetical order, till I realized it wasn't. But enough about that....
    I have worked for the past 9 years for the country's largest retailer doing remodels, so I travel around quite a bit (currently in New England).
    I met my fiance through our workplace and we are planning on getting married next July.
    I got side swiped by a Semi last year, which I don't recommend, but was still pretty cool.....
    I suffer migraines from time to time and still try to find a way to relieve them. I've tried 100mg of Imitrex and that doesn't work.
    When I'm not on the Internet looking for movie news, I'm working. When I'm not working, I'm on the Internet.
    I love making special effects on the computer (the fact that I can make a lightsaber fascinates me, though my fiance thinks it's a waste of time).
    My favorite movies of all time are Star Wars trilogies and Superman.
    I love any music by John Williams. Music now a days all sounds the same, just write 3 chords and you've got an album......

And lastly, I love movie trailers, but who here doesn't.

Credits
    *bump*

...but by now I'm tired to do it...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast