Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Red Dawn (2010)

Credits

Arrow Red Dawn (2010)

A remake from the 1984 movie. IMDb entry on the new movie and for the old one.

From MGM.

More on THR and beyondhollywood.com.

Wikipedia entry for the 1984 version.

By the way, I don't remember the original movie...

j7wild Guest
    are you kidding me?

are you freaking kidding me?

now I know for sure Hollywood is running out of ideas - first with Robocop and A Nightmare on Elm Street;

now Red Dawn?

What's next?

Summer School? The Joy of Sex? Fast Times at Ridgemont High? The Sure Thing? Sixteen Candles?

Red Dawn is a classic; it had up and coming young actors like

Patrick Swayze, C. Thomas Howell, Lea Thompson (Caroline in the City, Back to the Future, Spacecamp), Charlie Sheen, Jennifer Grey (Dirty Dancing, Ferris Bueller's Day Off), and Powers Boothe.

Credits
    Per J7wild, the movie itself was a little corny, it was basically a story about the USA getting invaded , and a group of kids fighting back to reclaim their family and their country. It was a beginning for the up and coming stars which are now mostly burnt out. Why "Holy what the Fk Wood" would even consider a remake is beyond me.

I can't see through walls, but I can kick your ass.

j7wild Guest
    further evidence the script writers in Hollywood can't come up with an original idea anymore and also a reflection of what kind of talent (or lack of) most of Hollywood is turning out to be

j7wild Guest
    This movie must really sucks.

It's been sitting on the shelves for over 2 years now with the release date postponed several times.

Now they are saying November 2012 and no one has even seen a teaser trailer for it.