Thanks Thanks:  1
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Credits

Unhappy Imation DVD-Rs

I have had a serious problem with Imation made in India DVD-Rs: Of 75 bought, 8 have failed in a term of only some months after recording. I mean: I recorded those discs at low speed and after the process I tested some of the files (no time to test them all) and now, when I was transferring data from the discs to the computer, I have found that those 8 discs are unreadable on Linux (but is not an error related to Linux). All are same brand and model (Imation DVD-R) and all have the same error. I will try to play those in a Windows PC but I believe that is not the problem because the other 66 discs worked fine (some of them were recorded only some weeks ago and I still have 1 in virgin state).

This have happened only with this brand. I have used HP and TDK (in less quantity) and no problems.

What do you think?

j7wild Guest
    Imation is crap... sorry to say that but it's true - when it comes to blank CD R and DVD R, you get what you pay for... I would also stay away from GQ brand too!!

Credits
    Verbatim!

Btw I bought five DL DVDs from Emgeton and NEITHER worked. That made me angry!!!
    Me angry! Where´s my food!

My DVD Collection, My Blu-ray collection

Credits
    I use Princo DVD-R.
    Super cheap.
    Never had a problem.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by st39.6 View Post
    Verbatim!
    Same here. I've always bought Verbatim. Never had any problems with their DVDs and CDs.

Credits
    I will look for Verbatim then. htitos recommended it too

What do you think about HP and TDK? Have you any experience with those brands?

Quote Originally Posted by j7wild View Post
    Imation is crap... sorry to say that but it's true - when it comes to blank CD R and DVD R, you get what you pay for... I would also stay away from GQ brand too!!
    Don't worry, thanks for your words. I appreciate that

j7wild Guest

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by jmcc View Post

What do you think about HP and TDK? Have you any experience with those brands?

I used to buy TDK and Memorex and Fuji if they were on sale but I now only use HP!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12