Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Credits
    I know. I kind of regret not waiting to buy a new video card when I redid my rig at Christmas but what was out at that time was way too expensive. Now some entry level DX10 cards are out are a little cheaper but I'm going to wait till Crysis comes out. Hopefully there's some promotions going on by then.
    You're waiting for a train, a train that will take you far away. You know where you hope this train will take you, but you can't be sure. But it doesn't matter - because we'll be together.

Credits
    Well DX10 is for Vista only, which sux.

Anyhoo to the subject > I downloaded .... uhm, I mean bought S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Shadow of Chernobyl, which is kinda creepy game from the place. And its awsome. Really amazing one-person shooter, recommend
    Me angry! Where´s my food!

My DVD Collection, My Blu-ray collection

Credits
    I"ve finished STALKER and was pissed off as hell that I couldn't play it on the higher shader settings. The system requirements are very low overall but insane at the max settings.

The 8800 cards sell for about $400 these days. I figure since Crysis isn't coming out until later this year I can still hold out a few months on the new card.

Credits
    and what PC do ya have?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by chernabog_ca View Post
    HDR - High Dynamic Range. It's a technique that increases the range between light and dark in a picture. You take different pictures of the same subject at different exposures (proper, over and under). You then use software afterwards to combine them. Gives a very dramtic image when done right.
    Thanks chernabog_ca.

I have read about S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Shadow of Chernobyl (home). It seems to be an interesting game

Credits
    I have a 4 Ghz Athlon, 1GB RAM, and a GeForce 6800 256MB GPU. I know it's not exactly up to today's gaming standards but I thought it should've handled it better.

I thought STALKER was overall a disappointment after all these years of waiting. Certainly an interesting concept but first of all the game is DAMN hard and having to run around everywhere is a bit annoying.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12