Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Credits

Post Valkyrie / Rubicon (2008)

Director: Bryan Singer
    Writers: Christopher McQuarrie & Nathan Alexander
    Cast: Tom Cruise, Patrick Wilson, Bill Nighy, Kenneth Branagh, Carice van Houten ....

Filming starts today here in Germany.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0985699/

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news07/070719a.php

Other Movie-List Topic about the controversial theme here in Germany.
    http://www.movie-list.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19608

First pic of Tom Cruise as Col. Claus von Stauffenberg. ( from a local newspaper )

Credits

Cool

It's official - Tom Cruise...

...does not look good in a uniform
    Our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us. - Matthew Mcconaughey - Interstellar

Credits
    More info here.

Clark Kent is who I am. Superman is what I can do.

Credits
    i'm got a copy of the script if anyone's interested
    "Sacred cows make the best hamburgers." - Abbie Hoffman

j7wild Guest

Thumbs down

Okay Tom Cruise is totally miscast as a Nazi Officer!!

He doesn't even look Aryan!!

Moved from Minas Tirith!!! Direction of my new path is not so clear, but I think I'm on the way to MY SHIRE
    Credits
    I don't agree with you j7wild. Find Claus von Stauffenberg pic and you'll see, that Tom looks like him.

Credits
    Here's a pic of him. Are you sure, Mithrandir?

Moved from Minas Tirith!!! Direction of my new path is not so clear, but I think I'm on the way to MY SHIRE
    Credits
    They've changed release date.

Old - 6/27/08

New - 10/3/08

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by jmcc View Post
    Here's a pic of him. Are you sure, Mithrandir?
    Yes. I'm sure.

j7wild Guest

Thumbs down

new release date:

February 13th, 2009

“Mission: Career Suicide” Faces More Delays

I’m not sure I can stand the wait. The release date for Valkyrie, the Next Big Thing that’s supposed to save Tom Cruise’s none-too-marketable ***, has been pushed back yet again. Originally, you may recall, the movie was set to hit the screens this July 4. When some nay-sayers pointed out that people might not want to see a movie about heroic Nazis on America’s national birthday, the date was moved back to October—which, as the New York Times noted, “would have dropped it into the thick of Hollywood’s awards race.” (Why this would be a problem if the film were any damn good is a point on which the Gray Lady graciously declined to speculate.) Now the release date has pushed back yet again, to February 13, 2009.

Great idea, United Artists. Because an action movie with an all-male cast in Nazi uniforms is such a natural date movie that a Valentine’s Day release has megabucks written all over it. Actually, as the first link points out, primary shooting for Valkyrie still isn’t finished, and total costs (including advertising) are likely to pass $150 million before anyone ever sees this trainwreck. Right now, Valkyrie is shaping up to be Waterworld revisited, a nuke-the-site-from-orbit catastrophe that destroys careers and studios and leaves nothing standing. Of course, Kevin Costner was a one-trick pony with the emotional range of a kazoo, while Cruise is (or was) a decent actor with some impressive performances to his credit. Too bad that while the Scientologists were de-thetanizing him, they also removed his ability to make intelligent career decisions. No doubt the Scientology faithful will be encouraged to see the movie and rent the DVD, in hopes of recouping something from this disaster. Hey, it worked for Battlefield Earth, didn’t it?
    When a film gets delayed by several months on one occasion, it's suspicious but explainable. When it happens twice though, there's obviously something going on.

Bryan Singer's "Valkyrie", a Tom Cruise-led WW2 thriller based on a real life plot by German officers to assassinate Hitler, was originally slated to open June 27th this year.

Then United Artists delayed the film a little over three months to October 2nd, citing that the movie isn't really a Summer blockbuster and is better suited for the Fall. The delay also allowed for further filming of a big North Africa battle scene which begins shooting next month.

Now though, it's been revealed that the film has been delayed again - this time a little over four months - to February 13th 2009.

Officially, the reason for the move was to quickly capitalize on the highly profitable and currently empty President's Day Weekend. Both comedy sequel "The Pink Panther" and horror thriller "The Wolf Man" were originally scheduled for that weekend, but got moved to different dates in the past few days.

This leaves only the Disney rom-com "Confessions of a Shopaholic" and the remake of "Friday the 13th" as the only competition - both targeting quite different demographics to the more adult-themed "Valkyrie."

MGM President Clark Woods says "Having seen a lot of the film and how great it is going to play once it's finished, moving into a big holiday weekend is the right move."

Whilst UA has applauded the move, it puts additional pressure on "Valkyrie" to perform. Since the Cruise/Wagner reign over UA began, the hope was to produce around 3-4 films a year. So far only one has been produced, the critically and financially disappointing "Lions for Lambs".

Despite having several projects in development, "Valkyrie" will be the company's second release - and that's even with the new date.
    That's fine by me, I wasn't gonna watch it anyway because Tom is in it; another actor in the lead role and I will watch it but I have decided I will not spend any money on anymore movies starring that Cult Moron!!

Credits
    Well, the trailer of this movie is not amazing too, it doesn't look good for Valkyrie.
    *´¨)
    ¸.~´¸.~*´¨) ¸.~*¨)
    (¸.~´ (¸.~´ `(•.°)~
    My Listology profile

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by j7wild View Post
    new release date:

February 13th, 2009

That's fine by me, I wasn't gonna watch it anyway because Tom is in it; another actor in the lead role and I will watch it but I have decided I will not spend any money on anymore movies starring that Cult Moron!!
    I mean this with the utmost respect, but isn't it a little bigoted to discriminate against someone on account of their religious beliefs?

"We just really want to see how the idea of an intellectual action movie is received by the world. Because if audiences are sort of interested in movies that are made like McDonald's hamburgers, which do have a value in the world, then we have to re-evaluate our entire career."

Larry Wachowski 1999, 'New York Times'

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by max314 View Post
    I mean this with the utmost respect, but isn't it a little bigoted to discriminate against someone on account of their religious beliefs?
    This is a cult right? So you have seen the Internet video where he act a little crazy (not the Oprah video, the other new one)? The problem with Cruise is that he uses movies promotions to promote scientology publicly. What he does in his private life? I don't f**king care...

Credits
    wow, Nance using nasty words. Gotta write that down somewhere, its a historical event .D
    Me angry! Where´s my food!

My DVD Collection, My Blu-ray collection

Credits
    Back to 2008 Oscar race... New release date:

12/26/08

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast