Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Arrow Your first HD experience?

I wonder, what was your first ever High Definition experience? When did you first come across HD format and which was it?
    And come to think of it, what do you think about it? Do you think its really necessary step?

I first came in contact with HD at apple´s trailer site. At least thats the first HD experience I remember. It was Kingdom of Heaven internet trailer, not many people noticed it, which is too bad, because I still consider it to be in TOP5 best trailers EVER. It was 720p, FullHD version never came out.
    My first movie experience I think I dont really remember. I think it was either DVD-5 HDTVrip in 720p of Star Wars Episode III, Forrest Gump, I Robot or Terminator 3.
    Even before that, there was Prison Break which I completely watched in 72Op HDTV rips. I still have all of those.

I think its a great think, especially for movie entertainment. Am huge fan of it..
    Me angry! Where´s my food!

My DVD Collection, My Blu-ray collection

Credits
    I believe my first HD experience was one of the clips from WMV showcase site. But I must say I just start to enjoy HD trailers... I recently bought a computer that can handle 1080p video. And first trailer to test my new system was Transformers

Credits

Post High definition

I believe my experience was like michalz. I like those trailers of course, and high definition. The main problem is that it can help to separate people from various parts of the world. See what I mean: HD equipment is, of course, more expensive. There are lots of people that can't buy it. For example, I have two 19" monitors but those have common VGA connector. How much can cost HDMI hardware? If I buy an HDMI video card I will need to sell those two monitors and see how much will cost an HDMI monitor.

Another thing is that, according to Wikipedia, there is a technology that can double the resolution of 1080p, called Quad HDTV or 2160p. I know it can be simple research, but to some people it can seem a run they can't afford and they can feel bad.

On the other side, I have a computer that can handle 1080p but I can't play those files now. I suppose it is a RAM memory problem (I only have 512 MB DDR2 533 MHz). I will solve it in the future.

Credits
    well of course it is expensive technology, so was DVD when it started (its cost was pretty much the same ...). Its pretty much only about early adopters right now.
    HDMI is damn think and yeah, monitors with it are just incredibly expensive. Tho DVI is much cheaper and works as well, if I´m correct.

I wonder how much users are already owning HD-DVD/BD player. I know bendermac does and I guess trailergod does too...but anyone else?

Credits
    AS!Dz and chernabog_ca, at least, but chernabog was thinking in returning his HD-DVD drive, the X-box 360 add-on one.

Credits
    I remember watching a football game in HD. That's all I remember.

Credits
    I'm a seller here in Montreal in a small store. we had toshiba HDDVD at 599$ 1 year ago. now it's 369$ in Special! First time a saw HD trailer was V for Vendetta. i was enable to see it...computer problem. now with my Geforce 8800 i don't have any problem. In my store there's an HDDVD play all day long with trailers like fast and furious Tokyo, King Kong, Constantine, Jarhead... If only HDDVD got the walt disney deal I will have to buy a PS3 to watch Pirates !

Credits
    Hey, PS3 is great, dont cry!!!
    I remember Vendeta as one of the first too .... it was WB encode