Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Spielberg Producing Tintin

http://www.countingdown.com/movies/t...tem_id=2652728
    http://www.reuters.com/

Steven Spielberg and frequent producing partner Kathleen Kennedy will produce a Tintin live-action feature for Universal Pictures and DreamWorks Pictures.
    A widely distributed comic strip,

Tintin battled international evil with the help of his dog Snowy. His friends and allies included his mentor, Captain Haddock, famed for his drunken curses; police officers Thomson and Thompson; and Professor Cuthbert Calculus.
    http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

Credits
    YES! YES! YES!

Finally someone in Hollywood has picked up this one of the classic comics of all time and make an English-speaking live action movie.

I'm a big Tintin fan. I've got all the Tintin comics, including the incompleted Tintin and Alph-Art, which costed me a fortune to get on eBay. Gee, I wish Spielberg will adapt this one and gives the story an ending.

"The idea was to be a symbol. editman could be anybody, that was the point."

Trolls destroyed the Forum

my DVD/blu-ray List

Credits
    One good thing about school was that I hired out all the TInTin comics and read them all the time. Awesome they were.

About farking time!
    /!\ Certified Bandwidth Abuser || ([)(]) Dolby Digital me bitch! || Alicia Keys || Game Trailers || FaceBook user ||
    || All-time Favourite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica (2003+), Dead Like Me, FireFly, Invader ZIM, Space: Above & Beyond, Veronica Mars ||

[ -- Music Festival Whore! -- ]

Credits
    This is great news!!!:bday:

Credits
    I think I've only seen TinTin in English once - and he went to the moon.

Every other time was in French class. They looked good but I didn't do to well in french
    "Je ne parle-pas francas. Repete en angle SVP"
    (horrible spelling at best - it's all I remember. Good luck trying to figure it out even if you do speak french )

The english one I saw was nice. This should be pretty good too.

Credits
    This is a clear proof that Hollywood is losing a creativity and has lack of ideas. And they are looking for already known stories, as are comics, and they are ruining them. :mad: And, there is a rumour that a Silver Surfer movie is gonna be made, starring none else than "Mr. How-I-Sunk-The-Ship" Leonardo Di Caprio. Anyone with more info about this?

Credits
    Originally posted by KRALe
    This is a clear proof that Hollywood is losing a creativity and has lack of ideas. And they are looking for already known stories, as are comics, and they are ruining them. :mad: And, there is a rumour that a Silver Surfer movie is gonna be made, starring none else than "Mr. How-I-Sunk-The-Ship" Leonardo Di Caprio. Anyone with more info about this?
    dicaprio as silver surfer... that's interesting...

but for comic fans, i think it doesn't get any better than now. comic movies are so big and popular, that they can afford to make them look good, they can get good actors and directors, and that makes for decent comic book movies (they're never gonna win oscars of course, but who cares!).

if you remembered the days of cheapo marvel movies, like spider-man (ultra low budget, where spidey's web that shoots out is just rope) and captain america (starring JD Salinger's son) you would see that it's much better nowadays... all started with batman of course.

Credits

Talking Re: Spielberg Producing Tintin

Originally posted by tisoy
    Tintin battled international evil with the help of his dog Snowy. His friends and allies included his mentor, Captain Haddock, famed for his drunken curses; police officers Thomson and Thompson; and Professor Cuthbert Calculus.

Sounds like state-of-the-art cinema.

Credits
    hm.. do I see Avengers written all over this?

btw... some of his most popular comics
    Last edited by Kn'thrak; 11-25-2002 at 07:56 AM.

Credits

Cool

This movie is gonna suck real bad ! I love Tintin but he just doesn't fit in live action. They already made 2 french live-action flicks and they were horrible !

Tintin et le mystère de la toison d'or (1961)

Tintin et les oranges bleues (1964)

Credits
    Very good news... I'm an all-time fan of Tintin and what have already been done with this series were poor...

Any rumors about the cast?
    D. Mc'lawns,
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.--Verbal Kint, Usual Suspect

Credits
    Yup read the news as well! Excellent! I've always loved the comics! They are hilarious!! lol
    It's really funny and the mysteries are great as well!!
    Captain Haddock and Calculus are the funniest! lol
    Finally, I've waited for a long time for this!

Credits

Exclamation n-new news on OLD topic

http://tvnz.co.nz/view/page/411423/1123084
    May 15, 2007
    Kiwi director Peter Jackson is teaming up with Hollywood heavyweight Steven Spielberg to make three back-to-back movies based on the adventures of the comic strip character Tintin.
    Speilberg and Jackson say the films will be produced in digital 3D using the latest performance capture technology - like that used to create Gollum in The Lord of the Rings.
    The two filmmakers will each direct at least one of the movies, which will be made both in NZ and in the US. There is no word yet on who will helm the third film.
    I saw some video footage on TV, but can't track it down at present. Could be interesting. Tintin was my favourite comic many many moons ago. Billions of Blue Blistering Barnacles!
    Last edited by Oldfart; 05-16-2007 at 02:19 PM. Reason: adding comment
    "Heart and humour and humility will lighten your heavy load"
    Joni Mitchell

Credits

Post Tintin movie - Steven Spielberg and Peter Jackson

I read it in the newspaper today too. Very interesting, I like Tintin too

Quote Originally Posted by impetigo View Post
    dicaprio as silver surfer... that's interesting...

but for comic fans, i think it doesn't get any better than now. comic movies are so big and popular, that they can afford to make them look good, they can get good actors and directors, and that makes for decent comic book movies (they're never gonna win oscars of course, but who cares!).

if you remembered the days of cheapo marvel movies, like spider-man (ultra low budget, where spidey's web that shoots out is just rope) and captain america (starring JD Salinger's son) you would see that it's much better nowadays... all started with batman of course.
    I remember Captain America (1990, IMDb)... specially that moment when Steve Rogers was in the VW reading its panel and looking at the Sony recorder

Moved from Minas Tirith!!! Direction of my new path is not so clear, but I think I'm on the way to MY SHIRE
    Credits
    Some news about "Tintin" from Steven Spielberg interview:

This is Spielberg’s first motion capture film.
    He and Peter Jackson are very close to the project.
    Spielberg is directing one, Peter Jackson is directing one.
    No word on who is directing the third film but if they don’t find a director, both Spielberg and Jackson will do a Frank Miller and Robert Rodriguez thing where both will direct the third Tintin film.
    He is going to work hard to make sure a lot of people are aware of Tintin because that character is huge overseas and Canada but not here in the USA.