Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Credits

I will have a surgery soon

I've just came back from the hospital. I have acute pancreatitis:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acute_pancreatitis

I had a crisis on monday 22. I had a stomach ache at the point of no longer able to feel my clothes, light, noises and all that I eat, I vomit it (which is one rare time in my life I vomited, it is a bad "new" experience) and I wasn't able to breathe. I miss breathing once at noon, but I calm it. My mother wanted me to go to hospital, but I did not want, but the second time, we had no choice, I almost died. In such cases, when calling the ambulance to come, we find that it takes time even when it is 5-10 minutes.

It's been several years that I have a stomach ache. I often have severe pain crisis which lasts 20-30 minutes once a day, sometimes several days, there has been a year or two where I had less pain, but I've never consulted, because I was afraid that the doctor tell me that it was trivial (that's what they told me when I had a severe pain in the tongue for a year).

I've stay at the hospital one week, my condition has stabilized and I was left back home, awaiting my surgery (I am in priority, but it can take several days/weeks). I was supposed to have my surgery on monday 29, but the one before me had complications (that is encouraging!). I think they cannot take me immediately, to allow me time to rebuild forces, because I was pass over 16 hours without drinking/eating waiting for my surgery. By the way, for my surgery, they will remove my gallbladder.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gallbladder
    They said this is not the worst surgery and after convalescence, I can do what I did and even better. I am trying to remain positive, however I have no choice to remove it, but I fear the complications.

For now, it's ok. I cannot really move, I didn't have energy. All I do is going to my bed to the toilet, to my bed to the computer and I walk into my room for my stuffs, but it takes everything. Eating or take a bath is a nightmare, but I feel better today. The only thing is that one eye is burning a little (the only eye I can see), a vein had expode a couple days ago (maybe because of the pain), I will see if it getting worse, if it not getting better I will look for that after my surgery...

So if you don't see me around for couple of days/weeks/months, this is because of my surgery and convalescence.

Ciao.
    *´¨)
    ¸.~´¸.~*´¨) ¸.~*¨)
    (¸.~´ (¸.~´ `(•.°)~
    My Listology profile

Credits
    Just keep positive thinking. There are things we can't control so the best is pass them with a smile on your face. I will add you to my prayers so God can give you comfort and strength. Get well soon! I know you will!

Never forget to always hope for the best, babe.

Why don't we just finish the job by flushing our brains down the toilet?

My DVD Collection

Credits
    I wish you all the best and we are waiting for your happy return.

j7wild Guest
    My wife and I wish you good luck Nance and that everything will be okay and we will be praying for you quick recovery

Credits
    Get well soon, the M-L team for Macedonia (me, my wife, my daughter ema, Lafce and his family) is with you!!!!
    My country:Macedonia!

see also: http://www.macedonia-timeless.com/
    If you do something good, enjoy it, repeat it, and allow it to become a way of life.

Credits
    We will be waiting for you, so get well soon. Everything will be O.K.

Credits
    My best wishes and keep the head up.

Credits
    wish u good luck . . .hope you get well soon, will be lookin forward to your recovery!
    Me angry! Where´s my food!

My DVD Collection, My Blu-ray collection

Credits

Credits
    Kiss you guys!

Today I have less energy than yesterday. I have to try eat more even if this is difficult. And least, my eye is getting better and not burning anymore. I guess my recovery will have highs and lows. A friend on CL (a french site of books reviews) had the same thing than me when she was younger and she said that after the surgery that things will be back to normal after the convalescence and that I must not look too much on the Internet for informations about what I have to not fear and that complications are rare. Still, I stress a little and I wonder when they will call me for the surgery.

Credits
    All the best and hope everything works out
    You're waiting for a train, a train that will take you far away. You know where you hope this train will take you, but you can't be sure. But it doesn't matter - because we'll be together.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Nance View Post
    ... and that I must not look too much on the Internet for informations about what I have to not fear and that complications are rare...
    Well, you know how they say - the less you know, the better.

Credits
    We're all here supporting you and wishing you all the best. Don't stress, trust the experts, I'm sure you're in good hands.

Get well fast so you don't miss any cool trailers!

Credits
    Hi guys. I don't have news for my surgery, I don't know what they mean by priority...
    I feel better than the 2 weeks ago, because I eat more and I have more energy, but some days are hard. I depend of everything and this is frustrating. I have problem to eat because I want to vomit everytime, I take pills for that, but it works soso.

In Canada, this is the election too (I know, this is not as popular than the US election!). My family and friends don't really know for which to vote. This is tuesday, if I feel ok, I will try to vote, this is really close to my home.

My friend comes often, but not with her daughter because her baby would always want me to take her in my arms, but I can't. I try to read, but my concentration is not the same. I re-read some books I really like, but I have problems read new books. I mostly watch tv, this is rare for me. I have seen television more in the last month than in the year (if not more)! I go to my computer too to look the 4-5 sites I like.

I'm ok, but I really want the hospital to call me for my surgery, so I will put that behind as soon as possible. I'm in "priority", but I have a bad feeling about this. I hope I will have my surgery before christmas, before my friend get her new baby (she's 6-7 months pregnant).

Credits
    Hi Nance, I believe "priority" means that your name goes on a list and if there is a scheduled surgery cancellation, they pick from that list.
    I know, I've been on that list many times for MRI's.

Anyway, glad you feel a little better, and have a great "Action de Grace", at least you will be with family and get some turkey.

I can't see through walls, but I can kick your ass.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast