Thanks Thanks:  113
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Man 101 View Post
    To answer your questions:

1. That big wheel transformer is actually a part of DEVASTATOR

2. They are keeping it close to the cartoon; they're just trying to be realistic as well, something they succeeded with doing in the first movie.

and,

3. Why did you hate the first one anyway? It's Michael Bay at his finest!
    When I was little, there were two cartoons that I watched constantly, G.I. Joe and Transformers. Had a pretty good collection of the toys as well. I was stoked when the movie was coming out and I am a big fan of Michael Bay so I figured it was in good hands. Doesn't hurt when Speilberg is also a producer. Perhaps I had expectations that were too high. I guess it came down to what I had pictured in my head and then what I saw were completely different.

I didn't like Megatron. I understand that he couldn't be a gun but they still could have at least made him appear more like he did in robot form. They changed Bonecruser from being a bulldozer to the military vehicle that he was so I'm not sure if they can bring him back as a Constructicon. Devastator was in the first one as a tank which I hope was a mistake on someone's part. The whole masturbation scene was silly and should have been left out as I also don't think it was appropriate in a movie aimed at children.
    You're waiting for a train, a train that will take you far away. You know where you hope this train will take you, but you can't be sure. But it doesn't matter - because we'll be together.

j7wild Guest
    I don't think a movie that's rated PG-13 is aimed at 'children'

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by chernabog_ca View Post
    The whole masturbation scene was silly and should have been left out as I also don't think it was appropriate in a movie aimed at children.
    i think i missed that scene ....

pg13 all depends on the movie. i let my then 6yr old watch transformers as well as other movies. he found incredible enjoyment when bumblebee peed on the sector 7 guy (cant remember his name) ....
    "I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone …
    but they've always worked for me,"

Hunter S.Thompson

Credits

Credits
    The Devastator from the first movie was a mistake in name. That Decepticon really was Brawl, who you can identify from the comics due to his double-gunned tank turret.

According to what I have read, the Fallen is a robot made by Unicron's brother (sorry, I forgot the name now), together with 12 (?) other primigenial robots, created before any other Cybertronians.

Tell me if I am wrong: Did I saw Megatron on the teaser?

And if that big wheel robot is a part of Devastator, then after all it will be great: it seems that we finally will have big robots on the movies. So bad they decided to make an SR-71 out from Skyfire (I believe they could have done an entire interesting movie, or an important part of it, just with the story of Skyfire as it was told on G1 TV series and making him a big robot as he was on there).

Credits
    Super Bowl Spot available in Various Sizes Including HD HERE at Apple, No Direct Links

I can't see through walls, but I can kick your ass.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by jmcc View Post
    According to what I have read, the Fallen is a robot made by Unicron's brother (sorry, I forgot the name now), together with 12 (?) other primigenial robots, created before any other Cybertronians.

Tell me if I am wrong: Did I saw Megatron on the teaser?
    Acording to the actualiced mithology of Transformers (by Simon Furman the writer of many comic books of Transformers since the beginning, and aplicable for ALL the Transformers universes), There was one GOD that create two separate beings to be the guardians of all his creation (the Universe), but one of them become obsessed by the end of the existence, and turn into a God of evil. That two Gods were Primus and Unicron.

After both were trapped in planetoids (a trick of Primus to defeat Unicron, but both had to be trapped, by that business of balance of cosmic powers, bla bla bla...), Primus know that Unicron will return (with his powers minimized by his phisical form but still without match), he crated a race ot mechanical beings to confront him when the time come.

But Primus want to practice first, so he crated 12 robotic (but no Transformers) super beings, the Zodiac, who fight a first war with Unicron. Most died, others desappear and never heard of them again.

Then, once Primus mastered the construction of mechanic beings, he created de 13 First, powerful Transformers (the first ones) to watch for him the universe, and had incredible powers each own, he shut down himself to delay the return of Unicron (again that business of cosmic balance, bla bla ba). Vector Prime (we seem him in Transformers Cybertron) had the power of travel through parallel universes and watch the time itself (the continuities in fact), but one of the 13 become obsessed by the entrophy (a force that desintegrate all matter and energy in the universe, the end of time and the existence) and become seduced by Unicron,and turn in his herald. That one had his name forgotten since then, and was called... The Fallen.

He was defeated by the other 12 (most of them were destroyed too) and trapped in a kind of void universe (nothing is there), till Bludgeon and his followers try to liberate him in the IDW G1 Universe in 2006 (the actual comic book in production) and his "first" appearance for us.

So, when Michael Bay announce the title of the second film, most beleave he was refering to that Fallen, but I suspect he was refering to Megatron instead, because yes HE WAS IN THE TV SPOT, just see the escene when Sam confront Starscream, and "someone" crush him in the ground with metallic and subrealist fingers, and a metallic Transformer foot is seen background.

If you had seen the designs of Megatron for this movie, and the toy itself (yes it was in Internet not so long ago) you can see that that fingers looks like the designed for him, AND... that foot in the background is identical to the foot design for his new robot mode (he transforms in a tank now). And... he will appear in the comics precuel of this movie.

So, the posibilites that the fallen wasn't The Fallen, but Megatron itself coming back from "dead" are huge.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by chernabog_ca View Post
    I was stoked when the movie was coming out and I am a big fan of Michael Bay so I figured it was in good hands. Doesn't hurt when Speilberg is also a producer. Perhaps I had expectations that were too high. I guess it came down to what I had pictured in my head and then what I saw were completely different.

I didn't like Megatron. I understand that he couldn't be a gun but they still could have at least made him appear more like he did in robot form. They changed Bonecruser from being a bulldozer to the military vehicle that he was so I'm not sure if they can bring him back as a Constructicon. Devastator was in the first one as a tank which I hope was a mistake on someone's part.
    Firts rule about movies based in old series (and SPECIALLY cartoons or animes)... never espect the best.

To the first movie, I bet about spectacular visual effects (is Bay after all) and i wan't dissapointed, but about the story... I had real issues to beleave that could be good.

And well.. wasn't good, but bad neither. Could be a lot better, that's no doubt about that. As a movie for past time, it's goooooood.

Hope this second had evolve in the story issue, but again, better not spect something really good. But the visual effects will be unforgeteable!.

And "Devastator" was Brawl in fact, the name Devastator was and error in the post production (it was his name in pre-production), and late to fix it when they realize the mistake.

Credits

Nothing New, Different Encode

Yahoo HD Encode of Super Bowl Spot

QT Super Bowl Spot HD 480p (10.3Mb)
    QT Super Bowl Spot HD 720p (25.6Mb)
    QT Super Bowl Spot HD 1080p (37.8Mb)

FLV Super Bowl Spot (4.6Mb)

Moved from Minas Tirith!!! Direction of my new path is not so clear, but I think I'm on the way to MY SHIRE
    Credits
    Here you have 27 HD pictures from the Super Bowl TV Spot.

Credits
    Boy, if The Fallen is Megatron... Well... I'm starting to feel that delusion from the first Bay's Transformers... On that time it was due to the differences between the movie and the original TV series, like chernabog says... Now I was specting something a bit obscure than the average Transformers stories, at least those from G1 TV series as I remember them... After all, it could be too much to spect references to Primus and Unicron just on the second movie, who can say...?

I remember when I found that rumor on the IMDb forums, stating the possibility that it would be the Autobots the ones that would reactivate Megatron, to help them fight The Fallen... I found that rumor very interesting but surely it was only that...

But after all this time, frankly I like the first movie... One of the things I'm still not used to is the new abbillity of the Transformers to change their appearance like Bumblebee did...

I think that Transformers II will be a great movie: more than 40 robots (according to what I have read somewhere) including Wheeljack, Soundwave, Sideswipe and Skyfire...

We have seen Constructicon Scavanger on the SuperBowl spot (apparently)... If he can do all that destruction, what we can wait from Devastator? And... What we can spect from The Fallen?

Personally, I find it a bit uninspired to make the sequel to the first movie to move around Megatron's wrath after his defeat and reactivation, given the rich Transformers Universes... If this movie's The Fallen is Primus's The Fallen, I will consider it a great movement, taking in count that both of them have not appeared on any animated feature before, only in the comics (there are references to "Cybertron's sentient core" on some of the Transformers TV series and if you have read the Wikipedia article about this, Primus non-robot mode is preciselly the home planet of the Autobots and Decepticons)...

Now I have a question (that obviously no one can answer now)... Which Transformer appears on the teaser poster of the new movie?

Credits

The official movie site says something about Sam joining forces with the Autobots against the Decepticons... "Revenge is coming" it ads... Also, there and on the Facebook fan group they write "the Fallen" on the movie title, instead of "The Fallen"... So it seems that the fallen here is indeed Megatron...

WHAT A DECEPTION!!

But who can say... Maybe thats only an smoke courtain to distract us (I hope!)... Megatron died on the first movie and he is back... as Megatron... No Galvatron, no Unicron, no Primus, no The Fallen... (I don't want Galvatron and Unicron so soon but The Fallen would have been great)...

Lets see what will happen...

On that Facebook fan group (which is the official, the one you can join from the official website of the movie), someone wrote on its wall: "Oh please! Tell me that the fallen is not Megatron!"

Credits
    The Constructicon at the end of the SuperBowl spot apparently is Scavenger... His vehicle mode will be this:

Scavenger vehicle mode (info, proof)

Scavenger toy

See some info at Wikipedia

Credits
    Well...

The question is gone... There is a The Fallen and it's not Megatron!!!!

Pics of the toy here:

new-transformers-revenge-of-the-fallen-toy---the-fallen-revealed

Credits
    so hope the movie will be more about the transformers n MUCH less about the humans! SO do not wanna c stupid kids running around again!
    And THANKS again

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast