Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Alien Sequel ?

Credits

Alien Sequel ?

Source OK! Magazine, UK

SIGOURNEY PLANS SHOCK COMEBACK
    ALIEN STAR WANTS TO RESURRECT FAMOUS CHARACTER
    Posted: Saturday 28 Jun 2008

We’ve had Indiana Jones, Rocky and Rambo wheeled out from retirement. Now, as she approaches her 60s, Sigourney Weaver is craving a piece of the “comeback” pie.
    The Hollywood actress is considering resurrecting her most famous character – shaven-headed, muscle-bound Alien heroine Ellen Ripley.
    “I would definitely do another if I had a director like Ridley Scott and we had a good idea,” she says of the classic sci-fi movie franchise. “Ridley is enthusiastic about it.”
    The married mother of one – who first played Ripley aged 30 in 1979 before going on to star in Aliens (1986), Alien 3 (1992) and Alien: Resurrection (1997) – says if such sixtysomethings as Harrison Ford and Sylvester Stallone can do it, so can she.
    “I’m not going to start apologising,” she says of her age in next month’s Saga magazine.
    “Sophia Loren is my inspiration. She is a woman who has never apologised for being herself.”

I can't see through walls, but I can kick your ass.

j7wild Guest
    Yes as long it doesn't suck like Alien 3 (no offense to Mr. Fincher, the whole project was doomed right from the beginning to 20th Century Fox Studio Heads who wouldn't give Mr. Fincher 100% Creative Liberty!!) and Alien Resurrection.

If she's going to do it, let's do it right!!

There must be ground rules that cannot be broken:

1. James Cameron or Ridley Scott must write the script and direct it or supervise the writing of the script and direct it.

2. The movie must be Rated R.

3. No more Cloning storyline.

4. No storyline set on Earth, they already did that with Alien vs Predator Requiem to make up for the original script of Alien 3 to be set on Earth that was never filmed.

5. Maybe the Alien in the first movie survived being thrown into space, that would be a good start.

Credits
    6. Winona must be in it You people underrate Alien 4!

7. Make two movies, so we can have the whole saga (like Star Wars). First taking place on Earth, second in space and maybe Alien planet. We need an answer, who is the Space Jockey from the first movie.

8. Ridley should direct the last part.

That's my dream

Credits
    dam! All u ppl aint fans at all to say those things. SHOCKING!

SHame on you!
    /!\ Certified Bandwidth Abuser || ([)(]) Dolby Digital me bitch! || Alicia Keys || Game Trailers || FaceBook user ||
    || All-time Favourite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica (2003+), Dead Like Me, FireFly, Invader ZIM, Space: Above & Beyond, Veronica Mars ||

[ -- Music Festival Whore! -- ]

Credits
    *yawn* .... wake me when it's over.

not even going to start about the lack of creativity in hollywood or how they just rehash old crap over and over again becuase they can't think of anything else to do.
    "I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone …
    but they've always worked for me,"

Hunter S.Thompson

Credits
    Argh! The planet from where those things have come sure is a very horrendous place...

michalz, what space jockey?

They can make from Winona Rider's character something like Shia LaBeouf's one on Indiana Jones...

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by jmcc View Post
    Argh! The planet from where those things have come sure is a very horrendous place...

michalz, what space jockey?

They can make from Winona Rider's character something like Shia LaBeouf's one on Indiana Jones...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_Jockey_(Alien)

j7wild Guest

Exclamation

not Winona!!

she's one of the many the reasons (and the Main reason IMO) that Alien Resurrection sucked!!

Quote Originally Posted by michalz00 View Post
    interesting, very interesting!!

Thanks Michalz!!

Credits
    Fortunately I have not seen the Alien: Resurrection movie. I could not tolerate the thing that a clone will have the memory of its source being...

Credits
    First of all Ridley Scott and NOT James Cameron would have to do this - why? - simple, Cameron is a kickass director but Weaver is too old to be running around in a tank top killing aliens with a wrench. Scott is a better director for the kind of production that could work - like Alien - mysterious, suspenseful, horrifying.

Secondly this would have to be produced by the people intimimately connected to the previous projects - someone who loves this stuff and cares more about it being good than satisfying stupid people and selling action figures.

Third, per first reason I would really like Weaver to have a sort of supporting role of being the wise woman rather than the rebellious heroine. She's not Stallone and Alien isn't Rambo so just going around killing stuff isn't gonna cut it here.