Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Credits

Rocky 6: "Rocky Balboa"

from CNN

Stallone returning for sixth 'Rocky'
    New screenplay supposed to be reminiscent of original film
    LOS ANGELES, California (Hollywood Reporter) -- Sylvester Stallone is signing on to reprise his role as boxer Rocky Balboa in the sixth installment of the long-running film series, which he wrote and will direct.
    The film, titled "Rocky Balboa," will be co-produced and co-financed by Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, Columbia Pictures and Revolution Studios and will be distributed by Columbia Pictures.

Stallone has been trying to make a sixth movie for years and has been reworking a script. The latest version, which sources said is similar to the tone and grit of the first two movies, persuaded the studios to negotiate a deal.

"In many ways, the screenplay really took me back to the original 'Rocky,' " Revolution Studios founder Joe Roth said in a statement. "As a past champion, Rocky Balboa is once again a regular guy who has to find himself and deal with real life. This film brings Rocky's story full circle."

In the new installment, Rocky, lonely and retired in Philadelphia, comes out of retirement, intending to fight a few low-profile local fights. He's approached to fight a match with reigning heavyweight champ Mason "The Line" Dixon, and soon his comeback ignites a media firestorm.

"'Rocky Balboa' is about everybody who feels they want to participate in the race of life, rather than be a bystander," Stallone said in a statement. "You're never too old to climb a mountain, if that's your desire."

Shooting is scheduled to begin in December in Los Angeles and Philadelphia.

Stallone received Academy Award nominations for starring in and writing "Rocky," and the 1976 MGM film won an Oscar for best picture, best director (John G. Avildsen) and best editing (Richard Halsey, Scott Conrad). The movie grossed $117.3 million at the domestic boxoffice, making Stallone a film star and creating one of cinema's most famous characters.

It also launched one of the most successful film series of all time. 1979's "Rocky II" grossed $85 million, and 1982's "Rocky III," which featured Mr. T, grossed $120.2 million. "Rocky IV," with Dolph Lundgren, made $125.4 million after its 1985 release. By the decade's close, however, audiences seemed to have tired of the character. "Rocky V," released in 1990, made only $40 million.

"Rocky Balboa" is the first film to be green-lit by MGM since it was acquired by Sony Corp.
    Yo Yo Yo, lol

Credits
    i have a baaaad feeling about this...

Credits
    why? because Stallone will write, star, and direct? And because it will basically be a remake of 1 except with rocky 50 years older? no reason to worry

Credits
    You seem to forget that Stallone wrote all of them (including the first, a near masterpiece) and directed the majority of them (II,III, and IV). He does have some experience.
    http://web.sm3thegame.com/media/2502/2863/9999999/BannerPassContest1.gif

Credits
    i think there comes a point in which you really just have to move on with your life and quit living in the past.....
    "I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone …
    but they've always worked for me,"

Hunter S.Thompson

Credits
    Stallone is desperately looking for a new movie hit and he's also working
    on a new Rambo movie right now.

He has not been able to make an interesting movie for ten years now,
    his last watchable movie was Daylight (1996).

After that, he made Copland (1997) and Driven (2001) that were not very good,
    so he's returning to his most successful roles.

Rocky 5 is maybe his worst movie ever and making another Rocky or Rambo
    movie is a very bad idea, we don't need that... sorry Sly!

Credits

Yes For Rocky VI

After reading Sly's Rocky 6 script in his mag, I am no longer worrying that this new Rocky would flop. The script was brilliantly done by Sly. Many who have read it were giving positive feedbacks.

I think this last Rocky would be the best of them all. And I pretty confident a Rambo IV would do well in the box office.

Sly has been going thru a tough time for years trying to get his Rocky 6 up and the man has showed us that he does not give up that easily.

Rambo and Rocky by 2006!

Credits
    ehhh I was never a big Rambo fan,
    but I'll give Rocky VI a shot.

"Suddenly I heard a tapping, as of someone gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door. You heard me rapping, Right?"

Credits

Rambo IV

I like First blood and I want to see what would be Rambo IV.
    Last edited by jmcc; 10-21-2005 at 02:54 PM.

Credits
    If they do another Rambo, they should make it more like First Blood than Rambo III. First Blood was the best.

Credits
    You are right, WorkShed.

Credits
    yeah but think about it, if it were more like First Blood, the people in the town would know to leave him the fugg alone and let him walk through the town peacfully becuase they would have read or seen the previous incident in the news.

Credits
    i agree i dont feel they should have made another one of these

Credits

I agree

Sorry, what I really want to say was: I agree with you, WorkShed.
    Last edited by jmcc; 03-27-2006 at 01:15 PM.

Credits
    I don't think it will work, but I am curious enough to see what it will be like.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast