Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Thundercats

Credits

Thundercats

Source

It's Thundercats, ho! at Warner Bros.
    Studio has optioned a script by tyro scribe Paul Sopocy to turn the popular 1980s animated series and toy line into a CGI-animated feature.

Warner-based Paula Weinstein will produce through her Spring Creek Prods. banner, along with Dick Robertson and Lew Korman.

Property revolves around a group of humanoid cats (with feline names like Lion-O, Tygra, Panthro and Cheetara) who must flee their planet of Thundera after it's destroyed. Once crash-landing on another planet, Third Earth, they must thwart Mumm-Ra, an evil sorcerer, bent on killing them off.

Sopocy has written the script as an origin story expanding on the major heroes and villains from the animated series, with the plot focusing on Lion-O coming of age as the leader of the Thundercats.

Project was brought to Warner by Palek Patel, VP at Spring Creek. Dan Lin is overseeing the pic for Warners.

The Thundercats franchise began in 1983 and spawned several animated series, with the most recent airing on Cartoon Network, a toy line produced by LJN and comicbooks published by Marvel and DC imprints. Warner Bros. has owned the rights to the animated series since acquiring Telepictures Corp. in 1989.

Studio's recently been bitten by the nostalgia bug, pacting with Joel Silver to produce a live-action "He-Man" movie, based on the toy and cartoon franchise, as well as a feature based on the DC comicbook "Teen Titans," a junior Justice League.

Weinstein most recently produced Warners' "Blood Diamond," and with HBO Films is prepping "Recount," based on the 2000 presidential election, with Sydney Pollack set to direct.

"Thundercats" is Sopocy's first studio script sale as a screenwriter. He's currently senior writer, print advertising, at Fox Broadcasting Co., and has previously penned short films including "Staring at the Sun," which was screened at the Sundance film fest in 2005.
    Clark Kent is who I am. Superman is what I can do.

Credits
    I don't know if I could get into a Thundercats movie. But how cool would it be if someone made a Voltron movie.

Credits

Post Thundercats movie

A CGI movie, like the last one of TMNT, isn't it? Well, I need to see something, I don't know. I liked the cartoon.

Credits
    Oh no, I can't imagine how a movie like that would be. In my opinion, most old cartoons should remain cartoons. There are exceptions of course. I would love to see a live-action Battletech.
    If you can stay calm, while all around you is chaos...then you probably haven't completely understood the seriousness of the situation.

Credits
    I'm waiting for the Smurfs to be made into a movie.

(Ok, not really, but I'm sure it is only a matter of time.)
    Corfy
    Laugh at life or life will laugh at you.
    Website | DVD Collection

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by corfy View Post
    I'm waiting for the Smurfs to be made into a movie.

(Ok, not really, but I'm sure it is only a matter of time.)
    If I'm not mistaken isn't that already in the works?

As for Thundercats, if they use CGI like they did for TMNT I would be cool with it, but if it's going to be live action I'll wait until I see what they look like first.
    Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

Credits
    Thought this was well done for a fanmade trailer
    http://au.youtube.com/watch?fmt=18&v=fb50GMmY5nk
    /!\ Certified Bandwidth Abuser || ([)(]) Dolby Digital me bitch! || Alicia Keys || Game Trailers || FaceBook user ||
    || All-time Favourite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica (2003+), Dead Like Me, FireFly, Invader ZIM, Space: Above & Beyond, Veronica Mars ||

[ -- Music Festival Whore! -- ]