Quote Originally Posted by j7wild View Post
America?

how about the rest of the world?

the movie made over $708 Million total, over $500 Million of it in 58 other countries including China!!

I said America because you linked to 2 articles written by Americans.

Where are you getting $708 million from? Its only made $387 million world-wide according to box office mojo.

Quote Originally Posted by j7wild View Post
I think the mass audience wants a movie that will entertain them and that's exactly what Transformers 2 did!!
Jesus man did you not even read the articles that you linked to?

"Is the purpose of The Hangover not to entertain and have fun? Is the purpose of Up not to entertain and have fun?"

The Hangover - USA: $183,247,000 - MetaCritic Rating: 73
Up - USA: $250,218,000 - MetaCritic Rating: 88
Films can be entertaining, please the critics and make money.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey View Post
It had no impact other than to entertain me for 2+ hours. Isn't that what a movie about toys should do.
People seem to be missing the point that the reason this movie is making so much money is people actually liked the first one. If they had bothered to make a good second movie they could go on to make a crappy third one and make twice what they are making now, but now they have no option of making a third as Michael Bay will want to go bigger and more explosions hence making the budget bigger and ultimately loose out when the box office is lower than this one.