Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Credits
    saw it for a second time yesterday and it worked MUCH better! I actually liked it this time - a lot!
    Me angry! Where´s my food!

My DVD Collection, My Blu-ray collection

Credits
    I can't wait to this movie. The critics are trashing it but I think if you went into a movie like this thinking you were going to see an intelligent think piece You shouldn't being seeing this anyway....

"Suddenly I heard a tapping, as of someone gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door. You heard me rapping, Right?"

j7wild Guest

Exclamation

we just came back from watching it on IMAX

it KICKS A*$$

and don't you dare and go to the restroom in the last 30 min of the movie!!

Credits

Thumbs down

Just saw it...was amazed at the effects and very disappointed with the movie. I give it 3 out of 5 stars.

WARNING: HEAVY SPOILERS

I was impressed with the trailers going into it, but very quickly that feeling went away.

Much of the film was riddled with pointless humor (read: humor that does not contribute to the story). Case in point are the humping dogs (and decepticons). Also was annoyed and mildly offended with the twins Mudflap and Skids. Were they part of the cast of Ice Cube's "Friday".
    Also, what was with the testicle and sex jokes...there was way less in the first movie. Profanity also was pointlessly racheted up a notch from the first film.

What was with Alice, the decepticon ripoff of the movie "Species"?

This also suffered from the same issue I found with the first movie - the trite plot contriveances of the cartoons. I love how they spent soooooo much time trying to find the matrix of leadership to revive Optimus, only to have the Fallen basically say "I'll take that" within the first 30 sec after the full revival of optimus.

The battle was impressive technically, but plot wise it was terrible. The geography was rife with errors, especially with the last battle at the Great Pyramids. They went from Jordan to the pyramids in a matter of minutes. Cairo is miles from the sea, but the troops take mintues to get there. Also, it seemed like they used the same desert location as the first film (remember the first scorpinok battle) - that destroyed the credibility of the battle scene for me.

All in all don't waste your money on an expensive evening showing. Here in the states, showings before 5pm are cheaper. Conversely though, still see it in the theater as the SFX are technically impressive.
    Last edited by Granite; 06-25-2009 at 03:00 AM.
    Our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us. - Matthew Mcconaughey - Interstellar

Credits
    I tried to watch the movie yesterday but all tickets were sold in the mall I was looking for it... I will try in the following days... I suspect I will love the movie...

Credits
    I haven't watched it yet - will do probably this weekend and am a bit excited. I however seen some not too positive reviews but will wait and see for myself.

Credits
    got a chance to watch it ... it is a michael bay film ... lots of explosions and lots of action. plot was ok, but there were some thoughts on why he went a particular path with this one. to me, it seemed kind of lost.

what i didnt understand how little screen time the fallen actually got. he shows up here and there for a few seconds per shot and you dont see him until the last 10 minutes of the film to get his butt kicked by a newly revived optimus/jet fire combo ... i was also expecting to see more of devastator. he didnt seem anything more than just a HUGE tool that just went after the machine. though, his transformation into robot form was really cool. i could have seen him sans balls but it was kind of funny to see that shot. also, the robot dry-humping megan's leg was a bit much. funny, kind of in an immature way. weed brownie scene was off - no one i know acts like that when they are high - drunk, maybe. but not high. i was also dissappointed that they brought back megatron but not jazz yet brought in all these other autobots...

as for the critics saying it was a horrible movie - i would disagree. i was entertaining in most parts, boring in others, but not horrible. i wouldnt see it again in the theaters but i would buy the dvd when it came out.

also, there are some parts that are not too kid friendly - but nothing too bad unless you are an extremely uptight parent. nothing more than what could be seen on the cartoon network ...
    Last edited by redbear; 06-25-2009 at 12:56 PM.
    "I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone …
    but they've always worked for me,"

Hunter S.Thompson

j7wild Guest

Question

Quote Originally Posted by redbear View Post

as for the critics saying it was a horrible movie - i would disagree. i was entertaining in most parts, boring in others, but not horrible. i wouldnt see it again in the theaters but i would buy the dvd when it came out.
    some of those critics who said it was a horrible movie, supposedly they saw it before it was released; I think they didn't see the movie and were just speculating or maybe paid by other studios to dizz the film?

like one critic said the 2nd half of the movie had the same exact plot as Indiana Jones 4....

where? how?

Credits
    I'm not sure you guys watched it with critical eyes. Every critic on the planet is giving this movie a horrible review, deservingly. There were numerous unacceptable holes in the plot and even the cinematography. The CG was pretty good, but not on the level anyone expected. The sound was awful. Maybe I'm getting old or something, but there were probably a half dozen times I asked myself "What did he just say?" because there was so much random noise going on.

Ask yourself, what specifically was good about this movie. Make a list.

j7wild Guest

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by pikn View Post

1. Megan Fox
    2. Isabel Lucas
    3. Megan Fox' boobs
    4. Isabel Lucas' derriere
    5. Megan Fox' showing cameltoe through the pair of tight white jeans

(hey I saw it on IMAX, couldn't help not noticing, the screen was so huge!!)

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by pikn View Post
    1) Soundwave having something similar to the original voice.

2) 1st battle between Optimus and Megatron (in the forest)

3) The appearence of the constructicons (fanboy moment!) - devastator was a bit of a let down.

4) the ruins of Petra (always looks really cool)

5) Jetfire - aka the old robot (had the only jokes that actually forwarded the plot)

See my earlier review for why this was a difficult list to make.

j7wild Guest

Credits
    Critics know what they are talking about, this just proves how DUMB America is that you are eating up this CRAP!

j7wild Guest

Question

Quote Originally Posted by odj_310388 View Post
    Critics know what they are talking about, this just proves how DUMB America is that you are eating up this CRAP!
    America?

how about the rest of the world?

the movie made over $708 Million total, over $500 Million of it in 58 other countries including China!!

j7wild Guest

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey View Post
    I think Roger Ebert's review sums up Transformers 2

However there will always be room for films like Transformers as people want spectacle. Reviewers will see 1000s of films a year. For normal people this will be their one trip to the cinema for the week/month. They don't have anything to compare Transformers to.

The mass auidence don't always want something original/challenging...they just want something easy that will wash over them. Transformers is what they're looking for.
    I think the mass audience wants a movie that will entertain them and that's exactly what Transformers 2 did!!

It sure entertained me!!

I got my $13 worth and I will gladly pay another $13 to see it again!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast